Italian Steak Sandwich
  Re: (...)
Now I'm dying to get the current issue!!! That sandwich looks amazing....my mouth is watering!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by Bizymomma (Now I'm dying to get...)
I guess I'm gonna have to break down and resubscribe, I'm missing out on too many thangs!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by bjcotton (I guess I'm gonna ha...)
I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!

And that sandwich looks unbelievably good!!! I was going to ask someone to post the recipe inasmuch as I won't receive my issue for a couple of months--BUT---sounds as though you haven't received yours yet. UMMMM---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by Bizymomma (Now I'm dying to get...)
What sandwich??? Where???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by cjs (What sandwich??? Whe...)
Jean,
The sandwich is pictured on the new issues cover! Go to the home page and you'll see it! It looks amazing!!! I can't wait to get the new issue!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by Bizymomma (Jean,[br]The sandwic...)
For sure!!!!!! Somebody out there---PLEASE post! I'll be ever grateful---droooling as we speak!
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by Roxanne 21 (For sure!!!!!! Some...)
I have eyed the sandwich. And I think it's wonderful. It does of course raise questions. For me anyway, so I beg your forgiveness for this epistle. I suppose the first thing is what is a sandwich? I suppose it is easy to call any bun, roll, sliced bread a sandwich. But what about open sandwiches? You, like those people who live in the cold and have saunas, have long been aquainted with this Scandanavian masterpiece. The next best thing to a trencher. But, of course so much lighter. Prettier. And a knife and fork can keep things dainty. Is a pizza an open sandwich? I think so. It is hot of course, but so are toasted sandwiches. What is a pizza? Bread and guts I think. Really nice guts of course. An open hot sandwich. What about the lovely flat breads so available now. The thin Turkish squares, just begging to be very lightly buttered, just a scrapping, and covered (2/3) with crunchy lettuce, garlic salami, Ham, good solid Ham, Beef, corned beef, pastrami, chook, turkey, until the thing is mooing or clucking. We will keep the gobbling 'till later. I have a weakness for avocado, beetroot, pickled or otherwise, celery, tiny and mixed with cream cheese, an apple slice or two, perhaps a couple of stalks of cooked asparagus, hard cooked egg, and a well drained and squeezed pickled onion, chopped and scattered to eternity over all. Or you might consider a gerkin. If that pleases you. Roll the thing up, Trim the ends, (cooks perk) and cut diagonally so they sit up like bishops hats. Muffelleta is rather good. I would be inclined to use a flatter loaf for that, because it can be very expensive. In spite of its glory. And of course, we could whirl off into the winds of the most lovely sandies of all. Club sandwiches mean a very different thing in NZ that they do in the US. I believe your clubs are toasted. Ours are the sort of thing one might have for an 80th birthday party, or at the bowling club. Or a bridal or baby shower. Or perhaps make for someone too tired to eat. I do not know what you call them, but venture a tentative suggestion of cocktail sandwiches. Usually three very thin slices of bread with two fillings. Cut small, in any shape your heart desires. Not a crust in sight. Usually with tea, but coffee can be served. I make them for my family and friends, they are well appreciated. But it doesn't take long for a great number to disappear. My sons always blame the dogs. Yeah, Right.

So when we talk of sandies, we are talking about a huge part of our diet. Well, we are in my opinion. Hamburgers are sandwiches. So is Welsh Rarebit. One closed, one open. And sandwiches were not first introduced by that maligned Earl. It wasn't gambling he wanted to be left undisturbed at, alas. It was his paper work for the farm, very big farm, he loved so very well. C@H does a striking favour to all in a hurry, with a strong eye to healthy, flavourful, and easy food.

I feel sorry that they have apparently not produced an article on the history of sandwiches. In all their fascinating glory. I am certain that people would love to follow the sandwich through the ages. Not that I can get the mag. of course.
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by vannin (I have eyed the sand...)
Well, now wasn't that a tutorial on sandwiches!!! I remember thinking years ago when we at home, started making our own pizzas and trying to come up with innovative toppings - finally decided to think of all the sandwiches I could, because anything that went on a sandwich could be put on a pizza!!

O.K., I'm off to the front page to see this beautiful creation [Email]c@h[/Email] has come up with...

Oh my, that looks like a doer!! AND...Banana Split Trifle will be on one of my next menus that we all come up with!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by cjs (Well, now wasn't tha...)
OOOOO---And I agree---I absolutely cherish anyone's fund of knowledge with such simple (??) subjects such as sandwiches. Look what we have learned and can carry with us forever---thanx vannin!!! Now---to make that awesome looking sandwich!!! Hmmmm---banana trifle---issue please??
  Re: Re: Italian Steak Sandwich by Roxanne 21 ( OOOOO---And I agr...)
Crickey mates in general, I hope I didn't come across preachy.I don't mean too, but I get carried away, and words leak out of my fingers and stain the scream, I mean screen. Bread cases are fun too, filled with creamy smoked schnapper and peas. Corn, a tiny toothy salad with smoked salmon, coarse chicken liver pate (terrine), (with an orange segment on top). A little fishy medley with scollop, mussell and prawn tucked in with 1/2 cherry tomato sitting on the seafood sauce. BUT, but but but, is this a sandwich? Someone please tell me, 'cause I dunno. I think a quixy is. I think you may call them something else. Made with a jaffle iron. Made with two slices of bread, buttered outside and filled with anything you can think of. Little bacon and egg pies, baked beans, gravyed chicken pieces with stuffing. Anything.