Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16??
  Re: (...)
Happy May Day!! What's on the menu for everyone??

We had lunch out Friday and came home with l/o grilled ribs, pork chop and veggies. I'm going to add them to the Spaghetti with fried eggs a few of us did a few weeks back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by cjs (Happy May Day!! What...)
I can't believe it's May already! Although, we have been suffering the invasion of May Flies for a couple of weeks now. We have had a MAJOR infestation this year! Good for fishing, though!

Anyway, I will finally get to do Maryann's Birthday Dinner today. I'm looking forward to it. Glad to hear you're doing better, Maryann!

Off to work on next week's menus!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't believe it's...)
I'm with you, Daphne! May already?? I just got my herbs and veggies planted yesterday. A late Passover break is kind of messing with me.

We're having Cajun Chicken Alfredo tonight. There's nothing healthy about it, but it sure is yummy! I'm serving it with roasted asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by karyn (I'm with you, Daphne...)
Tony is smoking some ribs. I will make some corn on the cob and I think that will be the extent of it.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is smoking some...)
Today, it's the Bistecca steak sandwich for me and a Bistecca steak salad for her.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by losblanos1 (Today, it's the Bist...)
Thanks for the reminder, Blane! On next week's menu! London Broil is BOGO Free this week.

Can I say that I'm glad I waited until tonight to do my review dinner? I'm not sure I could have kept my mouth shut for long. My review is ready, and I can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the remin...)
Daphne, you are too funny! So, that must mean that you were pretty happy with it, right? (I might post my review tonight because I may not be home tomorrow. )

We had a delicious meal tonight. My local butcher always has bone-in rib pork chops during the warmer weather that he cuts nice and thick, at 1-1/2", perfect for the grill.

I put two of them in a brine for 4 hours, then air dried for an hour before grilling. I rubbed them with a bit of garlic, sage, and cracked pepper. They were so good and we have enough left over to put on a Caesar salad or make Cuban sandwiches tomorrow night. We also roasted sweet potatoes and had a spinach salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 5/1/16?? by Mare749 (Daphne, you are too ...)
Simple and sounds simply delicious, Maryann! I'm with you Daphne, I had a hard time keeping quiet!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com