White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by bjcotton (I told ja, I told ja...)
Ok, so do you guys really use FRESHLY ground white pepper? Or do you substitute the pre-ground? I don't have any whole white peppercorns.
Tammy
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by TwilightKitten (Ok, so do you guys r...)
I used the pre-ground. WE are lucky to get black peppercorns--never mind white. You will love this recipe!!

OOOOO---you must like it HOT, bj!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by bjcotton (This is a very delic...)
BUMPED for Sabine!!!! You will love it!!!!
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by Roxanne 21 (BUMPED for Sabine!!!...)
Billy, I was thinking of making this cake for my step-dad's birthday tomorrow. Do you refrigerate it or leave it at room temperature? Thank you!
Tammy
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by TwilightKitten (Billy, I was thinkin...)
Right after I take it out of the oven, I turn it out onto a rack with wax paper under it and baste it with the lemon/sugar mixture. The cake will remain moist for a couple of days covered with foil [to keep bugs/dog hair off it} or in a cake carrier. My carrier is not one that is sealed, just one to cover it. No refrigeration necessary. It is a wonderful cake. I'd forgotten about it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by bjcotton (Right after I take i...)
This is a wonderful cake!!!! No refrigeration is necessary---room temp keeps it totally moist because of the syrups---I think the fridge would spoil the texture---IMHO!!!

I forgot about this one, too-----really nice recipe!!!
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by Roxanne 21 (This is a wonderful ...)
Thanks, guys!
Tammy
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by TwilightKitten (Thanks, guys! [img]/...)
I forgot to post my review! I did end up making the cake for the party and was so glad I did. Everyone loved it...even my mother liked it and she hates spice. The cake was dense (I hope it was supposed to be!) and reminded me of a lemon bar. The spiciness was sort of an aftertaste, and it was quite nice. Thank you for the recipe, Billy!
Tammy
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by TwilightKitten (I forgot to post my ...)
gotta make this again...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake by TwilightKitten (I forgot to post my ...)
That is exactly like it is supposed to be! It is dense, quite lemony and moist, and the white pepper is supposed to leave a kind of vague after-taste...kind of a "I wonder what that is" thing. I haven't made one in, oh must be a month or more should do one while I'm here.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy