Mothers Day - 5/8/16
  Re: (...)
Is Sunday.............
And No Food Ideas Here ???
  Re: Mothers Day - 5/8/16 by madmax (Is Sunday..............)
And, your ideas are???????

There were so many stickies we had to scroll down half the page to see new postings.
But, you're right, we should have a thread going.

I have no idea.............except we're having brunch out with Tracie, and grandkids.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mothers Day - 5/8/16 by cjs (And, your ideas are?...)
We will be taking my mom out for lunch after church.

Then William and I will make a pizza and pick a salad for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by Gourmet_Mom (We will be taking my...)
My brother and sister-in-law will be here for the weekend. So, dinner for 19 will be at Holly's on Sunday because she has the most room and a nice new deck to use, weather permitting.

Ron is cooking a whole pork loin on the grill. The girls and I will be making risotto, asparagus, and some kind of salad. My sister is bring apple pies and dinner rolls. My brother shipped a case of wine that is coming today.

I've been taking a bit of flack from a few people this week for cooking on Mother's Day, but I have to say that we really have fun doing it. Of course, there is a little wine involved and lots of laughter, so we really don't mind doing it.

Next week, one evening, the girls and I will take ourselves out to a nice place for dinner, which has become our new tradition.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by Mare749 (My brother and siste...)
I'm with you Maryann - I have fun cooking with the kids...I'm not ready to hang up the apron just yet!!!
I love the after-holiday tradition, too!!! Raise your glasses to each other from me when you go out.

And, wow, what a great crowd you will be!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by cjs (I'm with you Maryann...)
I think we're going to have to postpone Mother's Day as far as food goes. Tony has a medical procedure Monday morning and after Saturday's dinner he can only have liquids.

And I don't want to do anything too complicated on Saturday because I will be just way too consumed with the Kentucky Derby and it's festivities. That actually might be a good time to finally make Maryann's birthday burgers.
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by Trixxee (I think we're going ...)
Happy Mother's Day to me!

[Image: IMG_1579_zpseok6yqcp.jpg]
Maryann

Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by Mare749 (Happy Mother's Day t...)
Wow Maryann! We love the Frei Brothers chardonnay. I stock up on it during the holidays when one of my grocery stores has 40% off 6 bottles AND they always have a $20 off coupon on the flyer for Frei wines. I usually grab about 10 flyers from the store. LOL.
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by Trixxee (Wow Maryann! We lov...)
darn!! What a great brother!! Would he like to be adopted???????????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mothers Day ?? by cjs (Damn!! What a great ...)
Oh, I'm sure they would have a great time with you, Jean! They do know how to party!

Little side story here. My brother just remarried 7 years ago and we were so thrilled that he met Rena. They actually met at a wine tasting! Anyway, the first holiday to roll around after they met was Christmas and in Rena's family they do a very formal Christmas Eve. The men wear a tux and the women wear evening gowns. It's not that they are so high class or anything like that, it's just an old tradition in their family that they keep going, mostly for the kids now. They just feel that kids today don't have a lot of opportunities today to "dress up" for special occasions and formal dining, so it has always been important to their family to expose all the children to this.

So, Joe, being the newest guest to this wonderful family, wanted to make a nice impression on them. So, he got his tux out to wear and bought a huge prime rib from his favorite butcher. On Christmas Eve afternoon he put it on his outdoor rotisserie and cooked it to perfection. Then, put it in the car and took it to Rena's sister who always hosts the big family dinners.

Of course, this went over very well with the family and Joe was immediately adopted. He said there wasn't even one slice of that prime rib left. Joe and Rena were married the following year, and he has been cooking the prime rib ever since.
Maryann