Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm using the last of the Asian pork in a salad from the Leftovers book - black beans, egg, Ramen Noodles, other veggies and a Lime Mustard dressing.

Our monthly cheese arrived yesterday and some real goodies were in the box -
Cypriot Halloumi (love working with it)
Mimolette Jeune (never heard of, semi-hard, texture & shape as Edam; "taste is gloriously sweet, yet uncommonly tame for a French cheese" - intriguing)
Tickler Chili Peppers - English Cheddar with diced chilies & peppers.

Need to do some research to decide what to do with 2 of them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Cheese fun!

I'm thinking about grilling some steaks and baked potatoes. I desperately need to trim my lettuce, so a salad will be on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Cheese fun! [img]/u...)
We are going on a picnic with my mom and my sister's family to this beautiful gem of a park that is only about 10 minutes up the street. We will be having our second annual bean bag toss tournament and flag football game. Top three finishers get a $10 Baskin Robbins gift card. Everyone is bringing something to share. There will be assorted sandwiches, mom's macaroni salad, fruit salad, cheese & crackers, chips and dip, mini cupcakes and my mom is also bringing a box of devil dogs and milk for the kids. She just got back from the east coast and brought back the devil dogs. Beer and wine.

http://ocparks.com/parks/irvine/
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by Trixxee (We are going on a pi...)
What are "brought back the devil dogs."??

What a fun day you'll have!!

You know Daphne, I've been doing so many highly flavored dishes, I'm really ready to a grilled steak and a b. potato my own self!!! Good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by cjs (What are "brought ba...)
Quote:

What are "brought back the devil dogs."??

East coast brand of snack cakes by Drakes. Yankee Doodles, Ring Dings, Yodels, etc. Can't get them out here.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
geez, thinking they were some kind of highly seasoned hot dogs............
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by cjs (geez, thinking they ...)
They are made by Hostess here. I have always had a weakness for the cupcakes.

http://www.drakescakesonline.com/

Almost forgot. We're having the burgers that we did for my birthday dinner review. Ron just couldn't get enough of them. Baby greens salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by Mare749 (They are made by Hos...)
Why the h*ll did I open that link??????????????????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by cjs (Why the h*ll did I o...)
We have a similar product here called Little Debbie's.

My favorites have always been the Devil Cremes, Swiss Rolls, and the Nutty Bars. (My dad always had a box of these on hand. He LOVED them.)

http://www.littledebbie.com/1

Almost forgot! Trixxee isn't watching The Preakness?!?! I'm tuned in! Can't wait!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/21/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We have a similar pr...)
Don't go there, Jean!!!

I love this leftover salad with a Honey Mustard Dressing

[Image: May%2021%20Pork%20Salad%20on%20fish%20pl...x3swbz.jpg]

Daphne, I would bet she has access to a TV somehow to watch!!!
www.achefsjourney.com