Lasagne Recipe Warning!!
  Re: (...)
It's not a bad thing, but as some of you know, I'm leaving for a few weeks in our trailer, so I wanted to do the Lasagne early. My first disclaimer is, I'm not that strict of a measurer - especially with dishes like this. But even allowing for that, I think most of you will end up with a lot more bechamel and meat sauce than is directed to be used.

Looking at the directions and looking at my amounts, I measured each element to see what I had to use. In this I'm lucky because I have all my catering utensils, but I'm sure we all have some larger measurers.

I'm thinking instead of 1/3 c. bechamel each layer, I'd go with more like 2/3 or even a cup and the meat sauce I used 2 cups per layer. But, please don't go by these, see how much of each you have, so you have enuf of all.

Let me tell you this is going to be one darn tastey dish. No, that's not my critque! I haven't even cooked it yet, I just prepped it early in the day. So, you're all warned - and if you don't heed it, what a bunch of wonderful sauces you will have to play with...maybe I did the wrong thing???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lasagne Recipe Warning!! by cjs (It's not a bad thing...)
Thanks for the "warning". I guess if I have leftovers I could make some "canneloni"??? We're doing the lasagna this weekend, hoping that Wolfie and Christa are coming.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lasagne Recipe Warning!! by Harborwitch (Thanks for the "warn...)
It certainly would not be a bad thing to have some l/os...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com