Boursin
  Re: (...)
Okay, I usually have no problems finding things around here that I need....but I can't fine boursin cheese.
Can I use cream cheese instead? I know that boursin has garlic and herbs added... help!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Boursin by Bizymomma (Okay, I usually have...)
I think I have read somewhere else that another sub for Boursin is Alloette (sp) another herb cheese spread. Next to that I might try and find a chive/garlic cream cheese spread.

HTH
Erin
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Boursin by esgunn (I think I have read ...)
There are lots of recipes on google for "Boursin"...I haven't tried any yet, but I thought this one looked good.

Boursin
4 tablespoons softened butter
4 ounces cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon each of favorite herbs –
oregano, thyme, marjoram, basil, etc.
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Splash of white wine

Beat together all ingredients.
Tammy
  Re: Boursin by Bizymomma (Okay, I usually have...)
Angela, plese excuse this question if it's unnecessary, but have you asked the deli dept. about Boursin??

To me, cream cheese is much creamier than boursin (which is a triple-cream cheese, but in a pinch, why not try Tammy's idea....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Boursin by cjs (Angela, plese excuse...)
Oh yum! I think I just might have some pepper boursin in the refrigerator. I used to have to drive 175 miles one way to get any good cheeses, now Albertson's and Safeway are starting to carry some decent ones...not primo mind you, but they're ok.

Jean and Lorraine don't know it yet, but they're the ones that got me started on trying different cheeses. A BIG thanks to both of them.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Boursin by TwilightKitten (There are lots of re...)
I have made this one before and it is pretty close to the real thing.

Homemade Boursin--
I googled this one as well--don't remember from where though

Makes two cups

2 cloves garlic
8 ounces butter, softened
2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil
1/2 tsp marjoram, fresh or dried
1/2 tsp chopped fresh chives
1/4 tsp thyme, fresh or dried
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried dill weed

Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and well combined. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl and chill overnight.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Boursin by Roxanne 21 (I have made this one...)
"Jean and Lorraine don't know it yet, but they're the ones that got me started on trying different cheeses." You're right, I didn't know that!! Wasted a lot of years, didn't cha, BillyJ?? But what fun catching up! Are you joining the Lasagne dinner menu thingee we're doing??

O.K., there are two ideas for making boursin, so I think it's time to play - thanks for posting them!! both duly copied.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Boursin by cjs ("Jean and Lorraine d...)
I don't have the magazines Jean. Anyway, when I mentioned lasagna, my sis Fredia wanted to make hers...so
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Boursin by bjcotton (I don't have the mag...)
Thanks for the recipes, I love Boursin. Billy, glad to hear I helped in your culinary journey!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Boursin by bjcotton (I don't have the mag...)
PARTY POOPER!!!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy