Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Special menu here -
champagne brunch with Crab Melts

Grilled Steak, Garlic bread & first fruit platter of the year. My favorite
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I love your birthday menu, Jean!

And we will celebrate with you with our own crabs! Snow Crab was on sale this week! I'll add our first fresh corn and sausage to the pot! Hoping the weather holds off so we can enjoy cooking it on the grill and eating on the deck.

Tomorrow night's dinner may have to be switched up if this Tropical Storm brings in a lot of rain. Hoping it breaks up before it gets to us.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I love your birthday...)
Your birthday menu sounds delicious, Jean. Hope the weather forecast improves for you, Daphne.

We are staying home today to catch up around the house. It looks like rain here but hoping to put some steaks on the grill tonight. Will do a chopped salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by Mare749 (Your birthday menu s...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Since I have so darn much food in this house, I'm going to revise my B'day dinner - I have lots of the Béchamel/Crab sauce left, so instead of garlic bread, I'll do baked potatoes topped with it to go with the steak.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by cjs (Since I have so damn...)
Well, we've had a handyman/plumber here for a good part of the day replacing 4 faucets and some other things and man, at every turn there was something that took much longer than we expected. Tony just now ran to the store for basic burger and salad fixings.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by Trixxee (Well, we've had a ha...)
Not very photogenic, but THIS is how WE celebrate the beginning of the holiday and kick off Summer! YUM!

[Image: 59ceb426355570c78cbe4869e1d20b43.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Not very photogenic,...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Looks pretty darn tasty to me, Daphne!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 5/28/16?? by cjs (Looks pretty darn ta...)
I would be real happy with that, Daphne! Beautiful!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."