Instant Pot Recipes - I
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (I have not followed ...)
Just wanted to report back that my yogurt came out beautifully this time. Nice and thick and didn't even need straining. Happy, happy!

Also had great success with hard-cooked eggs. 5 minutes and they are done! And, of course, the Bolognese sauce was just amazing.

Very happy now with the instant pot!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Just wanted to repor...)
I just made beef and bean chili in the IP. Cobbled up the recipe from several I found. I used 2.5 lbs. of Costco ground beef, 1 lb. of raw unsoaked cranberry (borlotti) beans, etc. Sauteed the ground beef, onions and bell pepper and then added the rest of the ingredients. Hit the beans/chili button and let it do its thing. Steve said it was great (I can't judge since I'm not a fan). Anyway it was so easy to just dump all in one pot and have it done in about an hour, (I let it the pressure release naturally and kept in warm mode till dinner), especially using raw unsoaked beans.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (I just made beef and...)
I'm copying every word...

Thank you!
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (I'm copying every wo...)
I hope I can find all this in the fall!!! I just want summer food right now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (I hope I can find al...)
I do too, Jean. But, I'm also busy typing up recipes to try from a couple of books that I borrowed from the library. Here is one from "Hip Pressure Cooking".

BBQ Pork Ribs with Spinach-Bean Salad

Recipe By:
Laura D.A. Pazzaglia

1 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs
1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion -- cut into large dice
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup dried cannellini beans -- soaked, rinsed, and drained
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic -- finely chopped
6 ounces fresh spinach -- (about 3 cups; baby spinach is nice

Cut the ribs apart. Coat them on all sides with most of the barbecue sauce and sprinkle with salt and pepper, set the remaining sauce aside. Arrange the ribs in a steamer basket, you can stand them somewhat vertically to get them to fit. Set aside.

Heat the pressure cooker base on medium heat, add the oil, and heat briefly. Stir in the onion and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the water, beans, and bay leaf and stir.

Lower the rib-filled steamer basket into the pressure cooker and then close and lock the lid. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes/stovetop or 23 to 25 minutes/electric (or nonstandard stovetop). When the time is up, open the pressure cooker with the 10-Minute Release method.

Carefully lift the steamer basket out of the cooker, set on a counter and cover with foil. Fish out and discard the bay leave from the beans, and mix in 1 tsp. of salt, the garlic, and spinach. Using a slotted spoon,, scoop the bean mixture into a large casserole (big enough to hold the the ribs in one layer) with low sides. Using tongs, arrange the ribs on top of the beans and brush with the remaining barbecue sauce.

Turn on the broiler. Broil the casserole untio the sauce on the ribs is lightly carmelized, 3 to 5 minutes.

Source:
"Hip Pressure Cooking, Fast, Fresh and Flavorful"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : This recipe cannot be halved or doubled as it contains precise ingredient and liquid amounts to ensure that the beans are not cooked in too much liquid. To make more, prepare two batches.
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (I do too, Jean. But,...)
Maryann, please keep good track - I'm depending on you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by cjs (I hope I can find al...)
Jean, have you seen this recipe Quick Pressure Cooker Potato Salad . I love the idea of cooking the potatoes and eggs and the same time. I'm not a fan of hard boiled eggs, but Steve loves them in the salad, so I'll make 3/4 with and 1/4 without.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (Jean, have you seen ...)
Alina, have you used that recipe? I'm curious about the timing because I had to cook eggs for 5 minutes for them to be done. So, then would the potatoes be overcooked since the recipe says only 4 minutes?
Maryann

Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Mare749 (Alina, have you used...)
Not yet, but everything I've made from that site has been great. I read through the comments as well and everyone said it worked, so I'm willing to risk it.
  Re: Re: Instant Pot Recipes by Cubangirl (Not yet, but everyth...)
Wow, I just cannot wrap my mind around doing 'hardcooked' (sorry 'hard boiled' eggs is a profanity to me ) in this method.

God, I'm so old - there are some new things I really embrace, but some are really hard for me.
www.achefsjourney.com