Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

This is bar-hopping Tuesday for us. Since I don't have to cook, I can get back to my painting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Kung Pao Chicken over wilted napa cabbage. I'm going to do without the steamed rice, I'll make some for Tony if he wants some.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by Trixxee (Kung Pao Chicken ove...)
I'm doing the same thing, Trixxee...giving up the "white stuff" for a while, which means getting out my Grilling book and two other Cuisine books that have "lighter" recipes.

We have l/os from yesterday, so Ron will get to have that delicious dinner all over again. I took a quart of vegetable soup out of the freezer to use over the next few days, and will make a side salad to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by Mare749 (I'm doing the same t...)
Hot dogs and tots. Super easy!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by losblanos1 (Hot dogs and tots. S...)
Since I knew we had no business eating a hot dog AND a hamburger yesterday, and I couldn't make up my mind, I planned hamburgers tonight. This way we can take advantage of leftover sides.

This actually worked to my advantage, since I had to drive into the city to trade my Mini to get William a new work vehicle. It's been a sad day.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I knew we had ...)
Oh, Daphne, that's the little car you loved, isn't it? That's too bad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by cjs (Oh, Daphne, that's t...)
Oh Daphne, that is sad! Your mini was so cute!

So, I got out my Cuisine Grilling, Cuisine Lite Fresh & Fabulous 30 minute entrees and Cuisine Lite 30 minute menus.
Let the menu planning begin!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Since I knew we had ...)
Mini? As in Mini Cooper?? They're so cute!!

There's someone near this town that has a really old original Mini and is about 6'2". It's hilarious to see him in the car!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 5/31/16?? by BarbaraS (Mini? As in Mini Co...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Whine alert!!! Skip the next paragraph to avoid the whining that I may bring to your life! LOL!

I'm popping in, but making no promises until Saturday that I'll be back. It's my last week with students and I'm still holding IEP meetings. I had to reschedule 6 meetings because of a last minute edict from my principal. GRRRR. I'll be done tomorrow. Fortunately, the meetings have gone really well so I'm the only one who is irritated. Sigh...this job used to be a lot more fun!

Tonight, I want to eat at Susan's house. What a gorgeous picture!!

We actually did have a good dinner, however. It was the Italian Steak Sandwiches from one of the grilling books. Every time I make it I'm surprised by how delicious the red pepper-gorgonzola sauce is, and it didn't disappoint tonight. Yum!!