T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I repeating a C@H dinner we had a couple of months ago which we liked so well. Sea Bass (Cod) in Tomato-Pepper Sauce with Kalamatas - Issue #115
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds good Jean and of course I can find every issue but that one.

I think I'm going with tilapagus tonight. LOL. Anyone know what that is?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Trixxee (That sounds good Jea...)
I do now........... tilapia & asparagus. ???
Is this some sort of a food regime?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by cjs (I do now........... ...)
Good one, Jean! LOL! I've never heard of it!

As I mentioned in another thread, we're having chow mien.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Good one, Jean! LOL...)
Yes! Tilapia and asparagus. My brother recently joined a weight loss challenge (even though he had no weight to lose, I don't understand) and you had to lose 20 pounds in 40 days or you didn't get your $500 back and during the last few days a lot of the people only eat tilapia and asparagus to drop those last couple of pounds. They call it tilapagus.

Anyway, I will be making the tilapia parmesan/panko crusted.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Trixxee (Yes! Tilapia and as...)
interesting
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Trixxee (Yes! Tilapia and as...)
Twenty pounds in 40 days sounds dangerous! But tilapagus is funny!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Twenty pounds in 40 ...)
OT for a little while - Thank God for a rainy afternoon – we were able to watch the entire celebration of Mohammad Ali’s life. Took 1 1/2 bottles of wine and a box of Kleenex, but oh my, what a tribute it was. I remember being a champion of Cassius Clay even while I worked for a company which made vehicles for the Vietnam war – what else could a single mother of 4 do!! I had more holes in my tongue during these years than you can imagine. Ali was such a hero for standing up to all the crap he was put thru at the time. Whew, what an afternoon.

-----
So before all of the above, we had the repeat of Cod (not Bass) in Tomato-Pepper Sauce, C@H #115 - so darn good

[Image: Jun%2010%20Cod%20in%20Tomato%20Pepper%20...uxqa9a.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by cjs (OT for a little whil...)
Jean, that picture is OUTSTANDING!

Regarding the Ali memorial, I can safely say I,m glad I didn't watch the whole thing. But I did catch the last five nminutes of Billy Crystal's part and got so choked up, tears streaming! I deliberately left the room and found something else to do!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that picture i...)
thanks Daphne -

it was hard to get thru the program, but I'm so glad I stuck it out. What a tower of strength and fortitude he was.
www.achefsjourney.com