Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16
  Re: (...)
Dear old Dad's day is coming up this Sunday - any outrageous ideas for our Lords?????

I ordered Roy a 'basket' of goodies from igourmet.com, so we'll have some kind of a Charcuterie plate using the cute little boards he made just for doing this.

I have some eggs brining in Bread & Butter pickle brine, so I'll be all set. And, bubbly, of course.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by cjs (Dear old Dad's day i...)
We usually have dinner for our dads. Our girls won't be in town, but will take Ron out one evening for bar food and beers.

Haven't decided for sure just yet, but might do beer-can chickens and corn on the cob. We have had some good corn recently, shipped in from Florida. I will probably make macaroni salad because that's what the men all seem to like, and pretty sure dessert is going to be a (east coast style) crumb cake that they all raved about.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by Mare749 (We usually have dinn...)
My brother and SIL are hosting a father's day breakfast/brunch at their house about 30 minutes away. I've been asked to bring Noble Pig's lemon/white chocolate cookies. My aunt and cousin are visiting from NC so they will be there. Should be a group of about 20. They live in a beautiful area.

Emerald<%2Fb>+[b]Bay<%2Fb>%2C+California+-+Los+Angeles+%7C+Luxury+Retreats&p=Emerald+Bay+Orange+County&oid=72bac6ff36a4afb6c66399ba3160dbc2&fr2=&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&tt=[b]Emerald<%2Fb>+[b]Bay<%2Fb>%2C+California+-+Los+Angeles+%7C+Luxury+Retreats&b=0&ni=160&no=16&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=13evb73uk&sigb=148sb7t4q&sigi=11v4i46pp&sigt=125pih0qk&sign=125pih0qk&.crumb=UmxzIenN1ff&fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla]https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/v...;hspart=mozilla
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by Trixxee (My brother and SIL a...)
We will be at my family's cabin at Fallen Leaf Lake, near Lake Tahoe in California. I'm pretty excited, because I don't usually get to see my Dad on Father's Day. Our YS is going with us, but the older one and his GF can't get away. One of my dad's favorite desserts is cheesecake, so I'm going to make this Vanilla Bean White Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake for dessert. It's become a real favorite around here.

I'm not sure what we'll do for dinner...I guess it depends on what people feel like. It will probably be something on the grill, since that's pretty easy to do with people who are low-carbing. My sister has lost a ton of weight and I want to be nice, except for dessert.
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by karyn (We will be at my fam...)
Beautiful place, Trixxee!

Lucky you, Karyn!

We don't have plans. Probably just a quiet meal for just the two of us. I'll let him pick dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by cjs (Dear old Dad's day i...)
Sounds good Jean. We have no plans . . . yet! It's a day off for both of us so we'll see what we come up with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by Harborwitch (Sounds good Jean. W...)
Well, the Fathers ought to be tumbling out of bed anxiously awaiting the treats and pampering of the day!! (sigh)

There is no way I can make the ingredients come out evenly when I make Taco salad (yesterday's dinner), so he's having burritos with everything for brunch with a little bubbly to get him started.

Later a Charcuterie platter with the goodies from igourmet. and a bottle of wine I gave him for Christmas which he has been saving.

Have a fun and loving day everyone and let's get past all the family dynamics, if we can. (just bite your tongue!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by cjs (Well, the Fathers ou...)
Here we go
Champagne We love this bubbly
[Image: jun%2019%20004_zpsi50etc8c.jpg]

Father’s Day Burrito – I never fry a burrito, but figured what the heck – it’s a holiday
[Image: jun%2019%20006_zpsjuf8upsc.jpg]

Roy & Bubbly – guess who finished it
[Image: jun%2019%20007_zpsnagtbbll.jpg]

New little filly – introduced to all of us and the cars are starting to pull over!!
[Image: Jun%2019%20New%20little%20Filly_zpsenemecqc.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by cjs (Here we go [br]Champ...)
Love the picture of Roy! And the baby horse is adorable!

I made Ron a vegetable quiche, sausages, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast this morning. We're leaving now with our food in tow and hoping for a pleasant dinner. And yes, I will be biting my tongue.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Father's Day Plans?? 6/19/16 by Mare749 (Love the picture of ...)
Oh Roy! I guess since its his day and all! The new filly is adorable!

Good luck, Maryann! I should have bit my tongue earlier. I managed to say something to William earlier while Ashley was here. He got so upset, he walked out of the room. OOPS! He's okay now.

We had our usual Sunday lunch with extras for Ashley. And now we are so full, I think he's decided he wants to save our steaks for tomorrow night. We'll be sure to eat light for lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.