Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Barhop night, so we'll have a bowl of the soup I made with the base of IP's rib jus yesterday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A new recipe from issue #115, Thai basil shrimp.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by losblanos1 (A new recipe from is...)
Finally!

Here's our lunch - this is what I posted on facebook.

"I have a very good friend and former neighbor, who on a trip home ā€“ she is a certified Jersey Girl- bought, packed and froze Taylor Pork Roll Sandwiches to bring back to the northwest for us to try. They were very tasty! And then (!), her friend Sam sent her a pkg. of the Taylor Pork Roll meat and, friend that she is, she saved a few slices for me to play with.

Now, Iā€™m a west coast Norwegian who knows squat about New Jersey and its customs, but this is my take on a Pork Roll Sandwich and let me tell you I am so glad I have a few more slices to make these exactly as is again!! The N.J. purists may be snickering, but man, do these taste good ā€“ layered: English muffin (inside out), Miracle Whip, Provolone, fried pork roll slice, MOzz, tomato, deli grainy mustard, Eng. Muffin. Grill to golden perfection in clarified butter! What a feast. Thank you Sarah and Sam!!"
Pork roll sandwich up close
[Image: jun%2014%20008_zpsp099b7no.jpg]

Pork roll sandwich whole
[Image: jun%2014%20006_zpsl5r4xd8k.jpg]

Pork roll sandwich whole sideways
[Image: jun%2014%20003_zpsgrshuyxn.jpg]

eat your hearts out, folks!

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by cjs (Finally! [img]/ubbth...)
Looks delicious, Jean!

I'm using up some chicken sausages that I've had in the freezer for a while. I'm going to do kebabs with veggies and a cilantro pesto marinade.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by karyn (Looks delicious, Jea...)
Got me drooling! YUM! Have fun tonight! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

I almost picked up Italian turkey sausage today for our spaghetti, Karyn. I keep giving in to doubts. I LOVE it in the Olive Garden Soup, so I can't figure out why I won't try it in spaghetti. One of these days!

Funny aside. I went to get the salad out of the fridge and realized the bowl was almost empty. Since it was storming outside, we just had spaghetti.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Got me drooling! YU...)
oops, Daphne, you have one of those "I didn't to it"s in the house??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by cjs (oops, Daphne, you ha...)
Jean, that sandwich looks fantastic. I'm going to ask east coast friends about that pork roll.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by Mare749 (Jean, that sandwich ...)
go on facebook, Maryann - all kinds of Jersey folks have added their two cents!!! It's so funny. I'll highlight your name so you can read it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/14/16?? by cjs (go on facebook, Mary...)
Exactly, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.