What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016?
  Re: (...)
Jean must be busy this a.m., so I'll start. Got some salmon this morning to put on the grill and some beautiful LOCAL asparagus!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Mare749 (Jean must be busy th...)
WTH? I typed a post up = don't know what happened to it. It's in LaLa land, I guess.

I picked up lamb chops, pork roast & burger yesterday and I also have pizza dough thawed out, so don't know what I'm going to do yet.

Also, in the post I told about our bar hopping last night -

"We have a motley crew who go bar hopping each Tuesday night around our town and last night was a winner!! Zak’s bar is morphing into a Firehouse 51 bar, so they are in transition and all they offer now for food is hot dogs. But, with the 8-10 completely different dogs, they may not have to add much to the menu to be a destination in town!!

One they offered was a Bacon Peanut Butter Dog! And, since I love p.nut butter on my BLT, I figured this one can’t be too bad. WOW! It was great – loaded with bacon and just the subtle flavor of peanut butter coming thru.

This bar hopping is certainly opening all of our eyes to the little hidden treasures around here."

[Image: Jun%2014%20Bacon%20P.Butter%20Hot%20Dog_zpsrfxswbzv.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by cjs (WTH? I typed a post ...)
WOW! Sounds like a fun night! I love me some bacon!

Maryann, I'm so envious of your local asparagus! Also, did you see the old dinner thread I bumped for you? It has info about how I modified the Blue Potato Salad from a really good recipe to a really great recipe.

Recently, someone mentioned French Onion Soup and I couldn't get the Salisbury steak recipe we all like off my mind. But today, I thought back to our spaghetti dinner last night. Even after a thunderstorm came through, I couldn't bring myself to eat a hot dinner until the sun was almost down! Not today! We are having a cold salad dinner. I'm going to do the Pasta Cobb Salad minus the chicken. I figured we'd have our protein in a good old fashioned Three Bean Salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! Sounds like a ...)
Jean, that sounds like a really interesting hotdog. Guess I'm going to have to try that one now.

Thanks, Daphne. I went back and found the thread so I could copy your notes to add to the recipe. Funny, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I was copying the recipe yesterday! Like minds and all that....
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Mare749 (Jean, that sounds li...)
It's obviously not something I'd be comfortable making often, but for a really nice special occasion dinner, the modified version is perfect. And don't get me wrong, the recipe as written is really good. Jason and Ashley make that version often.

I hope you like it as much as we do!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Gourmet_Mom (It's obviously not s...)
Ahhhh, pizza time again - I so love pizza.

L/O fresh tomato sauce, mozz, provolone, rib meat, slivered onions and candied jalapenos. I'd forgotten how much I love the combination of mozz & Provolone on pizza.

[Image: jun%2014%20001_zpsqlrwmeyl.jpg]

We ate so late, don't know if we can handle anything else today!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by cjs (Ahhhh, pizza time ag...)
DROOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Gourmet_Mom (DROOL!...)
You haven't made pizza for a long while, Daphne!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by cjs (You haven't made piz...)
Oh, that is making me hungry and it's only 8 a.m.!
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for dinner, Wed. 6/15/2016? by Mare749 (Oh, that is making m...)
And, it was so filling - this is what we had for our 'snack' later...........

[Image: jun%2015%20001_zpsrwo5lfeo.jpg]

It's so nice to be free from when the kids were home (a hundred years ago) - when we had to have five items for every dinner!!! Now, we can just snack
www.achefsjourney.com