Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Not sure here, yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had considered steak last night, but after such a big lunch yesterday, it seemed too heavy. So that will probably be dinner tonight. Then again, I may do ribs and save steak for tomorrow. That way, I could do the Blue Potato Salad tonight and turn it into the casserole tomorrow night for an easy dinner. I think I just talked myself into that plan! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I had considered ste...)
Daphne, I think that we went to the same menu planning school, everyday it's like that for me.

Tonight CA's making the balsamic steaks with strawberries and gorgonzola from issue #115. I'm making the spinach salad with basil green goddess dressing from issue #104
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by losblanos1 (Daphne, I think that...)
We are going to have pizza on the grill and a tossed green salad on the side.

This is a cooking day for us (prepping for tomorrow.) Ron has 8 lbs. of pork shoulder in the smoker. I made Roasted Bliss potato salad, coleslaw, and Lemon Torte for dessert and/or watermelon. The pork is for pulled pork sandwiches.

My in-laws aren't doing very well, so we are taking all the food out to them tomorrow and my dad will go with us for a late lunch/early dinner. He has to be back by 6 to have dinner with my sister (yes he will manage somehow. ) Then, we have to be home for a pre-game party in the evening with our girls since the Cavs will be playing in the finals.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by Mare749 (We are going to have...)
Fun time in Ohio today!!!! Sorry to hear Ron's folks are not doing well today.

I have a craving or an itch!!! Taco Salad has been in my head all week - so, that's it!

Oh, and Maryann, I found a note I added to my 'taco bowl' in BB&C re sprinkling Southwest Seasoning on the shells as I bake them - even just smelling them out of the oven, they make me drool. So glad I found the note.
[Image: Aug%202%20Taco%20Salad_zps6qzrqstm.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by cjs (Fun time in Ohio tod...)
Hang in there Maryann! Aging parents is difficult, both physically and emotionally.

I see Taco Salad in my near future! Thanks for the tip, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Hang in there Maryan...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
We had a weird start to a foodie day. For two weeks we have planned on meeting my brother's family and my visiting aunt and her two grandchildren for breakfast at a really nice restaurant at the beach that we used to go camping at. In order to accomodate 12 people we were going early. We were literally in the car on the way there when I get a text (god forbid anyone call you with important details) that said everyone was still asleep so forget it. If we wanted we could come by their house later and my sister in law would make us breakfast. WHAT? How rude about that last minute cancellation. Anyway, since it was such a sunny morning we did drive down to the coast and had breakfast on Huntington Beach Pier.

Phew. OK, for dinner we are having steaks with the blue cheese butter from the new C@H grilling book I bought. Tony is at the store now figuring out what vegetable looks the best.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by Trixxee (We had a weird start...)
Oh, families!

THANK YOU, Maryann! The tip for sprinkling seasoning on the tortillas before baking the 'bowls' is wonderful! I used my Fajita seasoning mix and the flavor was great,
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 6/18/16?? by cjs (Oh, families! [img]/...)
Uh, okay. Guess I don't remember that, Jean. Sounds like a great idea though.

One thing that we really like to do is crunch up Nacho Cheese Doritos on top of a taco salad when we don't have a shell. Kind of similar since they are seasoned. When we do that, we like Catalina dressing on it.

Oh, families! I could think of a few choice words right now! AFTER cooking all the food for tomorrow...my sister-in-law called me to tell me that "they are going to pass" on tomorrow! I literally popped a cork!

THEN...she called me back two hours later and apologized for upsetting me and said "it's okay now, you can come out tomorrow." Gee, thanks!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."