Cooking class for kids
  Re: (...)
My granddaughter, Alyssa, went to a day camp last week at her mom's old high school. They got to pick what classes they wanted to take. She chose Painting & Drawing, Duct Tape Crafts, Photography, and Cooking.

She shared a copy of her recipes with me and the other one got put into her personal cookbook that Jean made for her. I wish there were more classes like this for kids. Here is a list of the recipes that they made and if anyone wants them, I'll be glad to type them up.

Bagel Pizzas
Walking Tacos (Taco in a Bag)
Easy Ice Cream Cake
'Cake' Ice Cream Cones
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Rolo Pretzel Candy (Mini pretzels, Rolo,and M&M's)
Mug Cakes
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Cooking class for kids by Mare749 (My granddaughter, Al...)
What a wonderful camp! I'm sure she had a blast! Fun sounding recipes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by Gourmet_Mom (What a wonderful cam...)
"Rolo Pretzel Candy (Mini pretzels, Rolo,and M&M's)"

Hello!! Good for her!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by cjs ("Rolo Pretzel Candy ...)
Rolo Pretzel Candy is delicious!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by labradors (Rolo Pretzel Candy i...)
Easy too. 350 oven for 4-5 minutes, just until the Rolo starts to melt. Lightly press M&M on top.
Maryann

Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by Mare749 (Easy too. 350 oven f...)
That's it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by cjs (That's it?? [img]/ub...)
That's what it says. And, it specifically states, "do not let the Rolo melt, take out of the oven as soon as it STARTS to melt, just soft enough to press the M&M in the top.

Now I have to go make some!!!
Maryann

Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by Mare749 (That's what it says....)
Piddle, me too! Tell Alyssa to please be careful what she shows Grandma...we could be in trouble from now on.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking class for kids by cjs (Piddle, me too! [img...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
You left out the pretzel part: Press a circular (as opposed to twisted or stick) pretzel down over each softened Rolo,then allow the Rolos to cool.

Actually, that's the way I had heard it - not with the M&M, but the M&M does sound like a nice addition.

Don't know what age group this is supposed to be. When a friend in Honduras asked me to teach her eight- and ten-year-old daughters some things to cook (letting them do the work after telling or showing them what to do), I taught them ravioli (making the pasta from scratch), chicken scallopini (including deboning and pounding the chicken breasts) and some frosted cookies. They loved it and did very well.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?