Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?"

Second morphing for my Kalamata tapenade - a frittata. Also, smoking a brisket, making a 2nd batch of cookies for a couple of b'day pkgs. and then Taco Tuesday at a local bar. Busy day.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are having new flooring installed in the kitchen and family room today so I'm sort of at the installation company's mercy as far as what window of time they have us down for and how long the process takes. We might just have to get something to go somewhere. I'm supposed to know by 10:00 what time they will be here.

But this question begs - if they install from 8:00am until 8:00pm, when do they notify the 8:00am'ers? Let me guess. No one ever starts a job at 8:00am.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by Trixxee (We are having new fl...)
Hmmm. Kind of ties you up all day, doesn't it? Getting new floors sounds exciting though.

Holly invited us over for ribs tonight. Don't really want pork again, but won't pass up an invite. So, I will make some kind of dessert.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by Mare749 (Hmmm. Kind of ties y...)
That is exciting - floors are on our list too, but not as high on it as I wish they were.....

good excuse for take out
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by cjs (That is exciting - f...)
We will have a nice buffet lunch today so we can watch two of our favorite shows tonight. NCIS and NCIS New Orleans. Oh, and Person of Interest.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by Old Bay (We will have a nice ...)
Well, they called at 7:00am and said they'd be here between 9:00 and 11:00am and they were here at 8:55. Nice!

I am planning on bunless burgers with the blue cheese parsley lemon compound butter from the new grilling book, split a piece of corn on the cob and I'll throw a few tots into the toaster oven. Will barely have to heat up the kitchen this way.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by Trixxee (Well, they called at...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Everything sounds so good today. I look forward to your picture and review Susan.

I'm grilling rib-eyes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by losblanos1 (Everything sounds so...)
Yes to Person of Interest - we're with you there, Bill & Jane

Whew, what a day of cooking. Brisket is in the oven finishing up - didn't think I'd be able to smoke today because of a storm that unexpectedly came roaring thru last nite. but made it!

I had 4 Romas on the grocery list the other day and this is what I got!! Had to use them up, man, they were huge. The stuffed tomatoes were really good - very simple with couscous, feta, lemon zest, garlic.
[Image: jun%2021%20005_zpskpm4r3q6.jpg]
And, the Kalamata tapenade just keeps multiplying.......... made individual frittatas and now I still have 5 left - so, in the freezer.
[Image: jun%2021%20003_zpsdmuzrkmg.jpg]

Off to shower and go to the bar and just relax!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/21/16?? by cjs (Yes to Person of Int...)