Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Physical for me this morning and some running around, so think I'm going to stop at that little bar we had the Quinoa & Beet Salad a couple weeks ago and bring home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
New recipe tonight and I'm not sure why I never thought to do it before. Bacon fried rice!

http://www.shutterbean.com/2013/bacon-fried-rice/
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by Trixxee (New recipe tonight a...)
That looks really good Trixxee, saved.

Today it's an Italian grinder for me and a BLT or ham & cheese for her. Maybe some tots.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks really go...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Re edit 2: Daphne is now working in the office with William, so she's limited in the time she can share with us.

Sweet Beets - Rice Quinoa, Spinach, Feta, roasted beets, onions, tomatoes, candied pecans with a Balsamic/Sweet Onion vinaigrette

One of the Rice Bowls from Turnip the Beet, little place here in town - just love this dish!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by cjs (Re edit 2: Daphne is...)
Here I am! As posted in the other dinner threads, my first two days were CRAZY busy and LONG! Bless his heart, "the boss" let me sleep in today! We were taking our time getting off when my phone started going off at 9:15. I was the one to tell him, "WE'VE GOT TO GO!" Luckily, we were able to head home at a decent hour.

Dinner is two small raw pizzas ready for the grill and some pre made anti pasta salad from our new Lowe's Food. Just finished that much needed glass of wine. Now we'll see if these little pizzas are as good as Ashley told us they were when she tried them. One Margarhitta and one Pepperoni. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by cjs (Re edit 2: Daphne is...)
WOW Jean - that sounds so good. We love beets. We got some beets at the farmers' market - cooked them and sliced for beet ravioli - the both had rot from the inside out!

Last night's dinner! OMG. Sous Vide Rack of Lamb with a mustard Sauce, Haricot Verts with mushrooms, and rice. It was a perfect dinner and it was fun to have Bob so excited about cooking again.

Tried to post a picture . . . but couldn't figure it out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by Harborwitch (WOW Jean - that soun...)
sounds good.

How did you manage to get the 4th off? I would think that would be a big day for you guys.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by cjs (sounds good. [br][br...)
We have 2 work campers (a couple) that want to work all of their hours in two days and they picked Sunday & Monday! Another one has to work 24 hours - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Mornings. So I have Saturday morning for the Farmers' Market and then Bob and i have Sunday & Monday off. Perfect!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/22/16?? by Harborwitch (We have 2 work campe...)
That's awesome, Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.