T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Grilled (fingers crossed for a break in the rain!) lamb chops, zucchini noodle salad and broccoli.

(Guess who is advancing to the next level.......)
[Image: Mattie%204_zpsasmzimks.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wait a minute... How did I miss Matt? We watched for two hours and I was looking for Stinger! Does he have a new bot?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by Mare749 (Wait a minute... How...)
Shoot, I probably shouldn't have posted this pix, but I don't have one of Stinger!

Did you not see the short clip showing him winning over one of his heroes? They didn't show the entire 'battle'

-------------

back to post new 'grandchild' -
[Image: 13423949_1736840443251478_50676199023050...ushrj0.jpg]
Stinger the Killer Bee

But, Mattie is so cute in the other one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by cjs (Shoot, I probably sh...)
Yes, he really is adorable, Jean! And yes, I did see the clip. I was just afraid that maybe I missed something else because I got a phone call.

Guess I should post dinner now. This morning I had a plan to make stuffed cabbage. So...thought I would try cooking the cabbage in the instant pot to loosen up the leaves instead of on the stove. BAD IDEA. In just 4 minutes, the cabbage was completely cooked and there was no way to use the leaves. So, I probably should have gone to the store for another cabbage, but didn't feel like it, so it was turned into stuffed cabbage casserole with the cabbage on the bottom and top. I'm sure it will taste almost the same, but it's just not as appetizing to look at.

Next time, I'm going to make sure that I have a backup cabbage and I think that instead of cooking on high pressure, I will try using the steam setting and low pressure.
Maryann

Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by Mare749 (Yes, he really is ad...)
I'm sure we're all going to have some bad ones during this learning curve we're on.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I just set the DVR to record the series.

I have no clue about dinner. I think it's going to be on Bob. I work until 8 It's a big tournament weekend so our lives are taking second place. I have to work tomorrow morning for a couple hours, then tomorrow afternoon until 8. Bob has to grill about 40 steaks tomorrow afternoon for the Tournament dinner. Sigh. This might be our last year . . . or next to last.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by cjs (I'm sure we're all g...)
Quote:

I'm sure we're all going to have some bad ones during this learning curve we're on.

Probably. But, I just tasted the layered stuffed cabbage casserole and at least it tastes pretty good. I do have a question for Alina though, so bringing up the Instant Pot thread.
Maryann

Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I’m really loving the Spiralizer thang – I think I’m repeating myself! I do prefer raw veggies over cooked ones, so this is right up my alley.
[Image: Jun%2024%20Lamb%20chops%20Asian%20zucc%2...fdjjc0.jpg]

This zucchini noodle recipe is from Good Housekeeping and super tasty.

SPRIALIZER - ZUCCHINI - Asian Sesame Zucchini Noodles

1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped
3 Tbs seasoned rice vinegar
1 Tbs toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed with press
2 tsp crushed red pepper (too much unless you have really old red pepper flakes!)
2 tsp sugar
3 medium zucchini, spiralized

In a large bowl, whisk cilantro, vinegar, oil, garlic, red pepper, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add zucchini; toss until well-combined. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16?? by cjs (I’m really loving th...)
Jean, I think I may just have to get the spiralizer before the instant pot. That recipe looks DELICIOUS! And your plate is beautiful!

I had planned steak night, but Lowe's proteins are kinda high unless they are on sale. When I mentioned stopping at Hills before going home, William announced he wasn't really into steak tonight. We had fried shrimp plates for lunch today, which was a heavy meal. So we opted to get two more of the deli sandwiches at Lowe's. They were really good last night. And they are HUGE! The bread is artisan bread baked fresh on site, and they use all Boar's Head meats and cheeses. And plenty of it! I can only eat a half!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 6/24/16 by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I think I may ...)
"I can only eat a half"

See page 28 of the leftovers book - or pg. 17, or pg 25, or pg 30, or...... A half sandwich can make a dinner for two!
www.achefsjourney.com