Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Up in the air here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Grilled lamb chops (though I have no clear idea of what to marinade them in or a sauce for them), couscous with toasted pine nuts and broccolini.
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by Trixxee (Grilled lamb chops (...)
Got it - time for a grilled burger, orzo salad AND this family favorite -
[Image: Dec%2021%20Grilled%20Burger%20and%20Onio...yty4qh.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by cjs (Got it - time for a ...)
Trixxee, you could give your chops an Italian twist, issue 70 has a recipe for Lamb chops with Bistecca oil, easy and very tasty. I've used it on beef & pork.

Grilling here also. From the new issue, I'm making the Mexican baby back ribs with ancho chili BBQ sauce and corn on the cob.
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by losblanos1 (Trixxee, you could g...)
I made a Vietnamese style salad that will have cold rice noodles on the bottom and a light Asian dressing. Also have sliced chicken breast marinating that will be skewered and basted with teriyaki while grilling. Nice light meal for a hot day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by Mare749 (I made a Vietnamese ...)
Trixxe, my favorite way is just S&P and after grilling/cooking drizzle with a balsamic reduction.

Maryann, would you make note of the light Asian dressing ingredients, please - can always use another idea.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by cjs (Trixxe, my favorite ...)
We've got Boston butts on the grill. Dinner will be kinda late, sadly. I brought work home, and William took Andrew out to do a topo of a field before the man's beans started sprouting. So the pork went on later than I would have liked. I'll do KFC coleslaw to go with and maybe some corn bread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We've got Boston but...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Doesn't that look good Susan!

Thanks Blane and Jean for the suggestions.
  Re: Re: Saturday's dinner, 6/25/16?? by Trixxee (Doesn't that look go...)
Jean, the light dressing that I was referring to is a Cuisine recipe for Nuac Cham. This is the way rice vermicelli is served at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant.

In a large bowl, put cooked and cooled rice vermicelli on the bottom. Add a layer of fresh bean sprouts, crisp lettuce, and cucumbers. Add some mint leaves, basil, or thai basil leaves or a combination of all three. Sprinkle the top with finely minced peanuts. Drizzle the dressing over the top just before eating.

Note: This is very tasty topped with a nice crispy spring roll cut into 3 or 4 pieces. Can also be topped with minced cooked chicken, pork, shrimp, and is sometimes topped with spicy pork meatballs.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."