Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Leftovers here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wound up having plain chicken last night so back to chicken piccata tonight and in order to kill two birds with one stone, I'm going to make this recipe (possibly with a few tweaks based on some reviews). Michael will eat the penne without the piccata sauce.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/racha...cipe2.html
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by Trixxee (Wound up having plai...)
We're having the Caprese Burgers that some of us reviewed not too long ago. That has become Ron's new favorite. We'll have a tossed green salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by Mare749 (We're having the Cap...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Those Caprese burgers were very good.

Susan, that looks so delicious! That steak is cooked to perfection.

Tonight it's a Bistecca steak sandwich for me, and a Bistecca steak salad for the missus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by losblanos1 (Those Caprese burger...)
Susan, your plating/photos put most food bloggers to shame! That looks delicious!!

We got back from the west coast late last night, so I've been laying low today. Tonight's dinner was grilled skirt steak with a tomato escabeche and mango bbq sauce. It was pretty tasty! I made a huge veggie chopped salad that we'll be eating all week...the stress-induced 10 pounds I gained this year are officially on notice now that I'm not on vacation...
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by karyn (Susan, your plating/...)
Oh my that sounds good Karyn. Actually everything sounds good.

We're having a kale chopped salad, with the leftover chicken and I'll re-purpose the peanut dipping sauce into a dressing. I have a baguette that I might have Bob toast on the grill. Easy dinner tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by Harborwitch (Oh my that sounds go...)
Karyn, west coast? Whistler?

Grilled beef tenderloins before I sliced them up for the Bistecca sammie & salad.

[Image: 4_zpsiufryesm.jpg]
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by losblanos1 (Karyn, west coast? W...)
Karyn, I'm sure you are tired after traveling, but hope you will tell us all about your vacation when you get unpacked.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 6/27/16?? by Mare749 (Karyn, I'm sure you ...)
Nice pictures you guys! Blane, I particularly like the lighting on yours!

William had an appointment for an EEG Monday. It's just a baseline for his neurologist. He will use the results to decide if William can come off the rest of his meds this fall. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, we ate late lunch so we just had some chicken salad with crackers for dinner and went to bed early.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.