Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Early, we're having another Taylor Pork Roll (from N.J.) sandwich - duplicate of the last one.

Later the Motely crew is skipping a bar night for a movie night where we all bring appetizers. I'm taking a Camembert/cream cheese/candied pecan spread for toasted bread rounds. Lots of goodies to choose from.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We got a wonderful break from the heat, so tonight it's going to be l/o stuffed cabbage casserole. (my screw-up from the other day)
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by Mare749 (We got a wonderful b...)
That sounds like a fun evening Jean.

Trixxee planted chicken piccata in my head, so that's dinner, along with asparagus.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by losblanos1 (That sounds like a f...)
Tonight was Pioneer Woman's Potato and Leek Pizza. Delicious!

[Image: pL3cwli.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by labradors (Tonight was Pioneer ...)
Pizza?? Hello!! I could get into these toppings. I like potatoes on pizza - especially for a brunch pizza. Thanks for posting, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by cjs (Pizza?? Hello!! [img...)
I really have to try that recipe one day, Labs. Great looking pizza!
Maryann

Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by labradors (Tonight was Pioneer ...)
That looks good Rob. Maryann we have friends here that make a stuffed cabbage soup. I'm going to ask for the recipe. I've done similar things with Swedish meatballs, especially when I'm too tired or stressed to make meatballs.

Tonight is too hot for cooking inside. I have a steak of some kind in the fridge so I'll marinate that and serve it with something with zucchini & the spiral slicer and those cajun grilled onions Jean did a couple years ago.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by Harborwitch (That looks good Rob....)
I'm glad we turned in early Monday! William had me in the van at SEVEN! If that wasn't bad enough, we didn't get home until almost 9:30!!!! Needless to say we had more leftovers. I'm too old for this! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad we turned i...)
Had them again this week, Sharon! One of our standbys!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 6/28/16?? by cjs (Had them again this ...)
Sharon, I have seen stuffed cabbage soup. Good way to use up the l/os.

The casserole tasted okay...but it just isn't the same. I like the firmness of the rolled cabbages. Same way with meatballs; I want them round. Picky, picky...
Maryann