Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling half a chicken and baked potatoes (on grill) and maybe the old Share A Recipe Broccoli salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going to a free concert downtown tonight that runs all summer, but changes the variety of music each week. Tonight is Reggae night which is always fun because you feel like you are on vacation. There are usually a number of food trucks around for great snacking, so that will be dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by Mare749 (We're going to a fre...)
Half the house is kind of torn apart due to having the bedroom carpets cleaned and I need to put it all back together again so I just bought some Boar's head ham and swiss and a couple of fresh kaiser rolls for sandwiches.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by Trixxee (Half the house is ki...)
Now THAT is an awesome evening Maryann. Have fun!

I have leftover roasted-pepper mayonnaise from the Bistecca steak sandwich on Monday, so tonight's dinner is an Italian steak sandwich for me and a salad version for CA.

Off to look up Boar's head ham.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by losblanos1 (Now THAT is an aweso...)
Blane - I get either the low sodium or the sweet slice. Also their frankfurters are even better than Nathan's.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by Trixxee (Blane - I get either...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Blane, Boar's Head meats are awesome!

Susan, that looks too good!

Maryann, I wish we were there! That sounds like so much fun!!!

Another long day! But at least we got home earlier than yesterday. We didn't get lunch until 2, so we de died to have drinks on the deck before dinner. I'm making the Chicken Linguine with Spinach, Candied Cherry Tomatoes, Giat Cheese and Pine Nuts...my favorite! I only have to do the pasta spinach step since I prepped the rest this weekend. Then we will fall into bed. Tomorrow is another early day and likely about as long as Tuesday. OIY!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, Boar's Head m...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
That looks fantastic Susan, you've inspired my wife to make the pecan crusted halibut recipe again, from a cookbook called "Celebrate the Rain", created by The Junior League of Seattle.

I went to the Boar's Head website, Wow! Trixxee, where do you buy the frankfurters?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 6/29/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks fantastic...)
Oh, thanks for the reminder on Celebrate The Rain, Blane. I love that book and for some reason, out of sight out of mind.

I get the frankfurters at Ralph's, which I think is Kroger's where you are. It's the only grocery store chain here that sells anything Boar's Head.