Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16??
  Re: (...)
Goodbye to June??? Can't be - this year is flying by.
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have leftover chicken - not sure what I'll do with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by cjs (Goodbye to June??? C...)
We are having carne asada soft tacos. I think I will saute a red bell pepper and an onion to top them with, and make a small batch of homemade guacamole. I've been having bad luck with avocados lately. I have three, hoping at least one is in good shape on the inside.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by Trixxee (We are having carne ...)
I heard on the news this a.m. that 1/6 of the crop of avocados is ruined from the heat/draught this year.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by cjs (I heard on the news ...)
Dang it.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by cjs (I heard on the news ...)
Oh, that's a shame. We love avocados.

Ron had a retirement party to go to tonight, so I made myself a chopped salad and a turkey sandwich.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by Mare749 (Oh, that's a shame. ...)
Good news - the first two avocados I cut into were pretty much perfect. So hit and miss.
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by cjs (Goodbye to June??? C...)
Nothing but nice, cold chardonnay-At 2PM today, the busy season officially ended, we went from 80 MPH to 10-and it's heaven. Tomorrow, clean up, instruct my student replacement for the next 2 weeks!!! because I will officially be on vacation!!
PJ
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by pjcooks (Nothing but nice, co...)
Congratulations PJ!!! You made it thru another year! Hope you can really relax over the next few weeks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by cjs (Congratulations PJ!!...)
Great to "see" you PJ! Have a great vacation. Hope you will stop in to add your two cents even if you aren't cooking. How is Picky these days?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 6/30/16?? by Mare749 (Great to "see" you P...)
I am so glad you finally get a break, PJ! Enjoy that wine!!!!

With Mary Beth coming in to do maps after her regular job on Tuesday and Thursdays, it makes for long days. I had burgers planned, but when I asked to stop for wine, William jumped on the idea of the sandwiches again. My menu plan has flown out the window this week. But we Will get it all eaten!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.