Gel Mat Replacement
  Re: (...)
Hey All.

About 5-6, maybe 7, years ago I bought a huge Gel Pro mat for my kitchen. For whatever reason, it has been breaking down badly over the past year. The basket weave pattern seams are popping all over. So I need to replace it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a gel mat other than Gel Pro?

TIA,

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Gel Mat Replacement by BarbaraS (Hey All.[br][br]Abou...)
darn, my Granddaughter gave me one 4-5 years ago and it is still packed and I really miss having it.

As far as a replacement goes, I don't have any ideas - I know they are darned expensive. I wish she would buy me another one.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Gel Mat Replacement by cjs (Damn, my Granddaught...)
My first gel mat was a quilted one, expensive that I got at BB&B. It started curling up at the edge making it a bit unsafe. I replaced it with this one which was a warehouse deal so I saved $50.00. It goes in front of the sink counter area. Since then I've also purchased this one for front of stove and opposite counter. I have been extremely happy with these. More cushiony than my original Gel Pro one and they wipe off easily without staining.
  Re: Re: Gel Mat Replacement by Cubangirl (My first gel mat was...)
Thanks Alina!

I measured the one I want replaced, and it's 34" x 72". I can't find that size anymore! It's either 20 or 30" wide. Crap!

This is not going to be fun.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Gel Mat Replacement by BarbaraS (Thanks Alina![br][br...)
Barbara, I have one saved on my Amazon wish list. I like it because the length is adjustable to almost any length. But it's only 20 inches wide. Let me know if you want to look at it anyway.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.