Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16??
  Re: (...)
Has everyone recovered from Holiday fun??? Can't tell you how relieved I was to get up to no horrific news happening overnight here in the U.S.

What's on the menu for everyone today?/

I'm going to make the Sweet Garlic Chicken from a couple months ago using Sous Vide with the seasoning to see if it works. We're having out of town company next week and for timing it would sure simplify things to do it this way. (I know - more info than anyone wants... ) Not sure what else.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by cjs (Has everyone recover...)
I have some ribs l/o from yesterday, but not quite enough to fill him up. So, taking the meat off the bones, chop it up and put it on rice with a side of snow peas.

We have a little bit of my flag cake dessert left from the weekend. It was really tasty and makes a lot.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by Mare749 (I have some ribs l/o...)
A friend of mine made this the other day so I may go in this direction. I would make some penne on the side for Michael and Tony.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/226235581259769973/
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by Trixxee (A friend of mine mad...)
That sounds so good. Copied and saved.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by Mare749 (That sounds so good....)
That looks delicious Trixxee.

Dinner is hamburguesa tortas with corn on the cob (if it's still edible).
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by losblanos1 (That looks delicious...)
My chicken is not thawed yet.

When I bought a round of Camembert for an appie for a party, I love this cheese so much I bought a 2nd one for us, put in fridge and promptly forgot it!! Expiration date - 7/3/16. So, I'll use it today with a pasta of some sort dish. I just love this cheese.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by cjs (My chicken is not th...)
Jean, I agree. There was too much sad news internationally.

Trixxee, please report back. That sounds delicious!

Sorry for being AWOL! We had a fabulous 4th of July weekend, but I learned last Wednesday that the fireworks closest to our house on the lake were on Saturday night, not Monday night. We shifted the schedule and had a houseful from Friday through Sunday with a few stragglers who left this morning...mostly family. Today, we were tired and worked on getting the house back in order.

One recipe I tried this weekend was Smokey Bacon Jam from Noble Pig, who is one of Trixxee's favorite bloggers, I think. Anyway, a breakfast sandwich on a fresh baked biscuit with the bacon jam, pimento cheese and an easy-over egg is perhaps the most Southern-inspired breakfast I've ever made, and it was delicious.

I sent care packages home with the stragglers, so dinner tonight is quesadillas. It doesn't get much easier than that!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by karyn (Jean, I agree. There...)
I dearly love bacon jam!!

While I know we don't all have the same leftovers, these two dishes I made today are good enough, I'm thinking I'll have to just make sure I have the ingredients on hand all the time.

First, the Camembert I needed to use -
Sautéed shallot, garlic in roasted garlic oil with green beans. Deglazed with a little white wine (I use Noilly Pratt); then added the diced up Camembert cheese to the sauce while the pasta cooked. I added peas to the pasta pot for a couple minutes. Then added the pasta/peas to the green bean/cheese mixture with held back pasta water to thin. Added more decadence to the dish with shaved Parm and lots of ground black pepper. Wow, are the flavors wonderful!!
[Image: jul%205%20005_zpsmnc0vyo9.jpg]

and then - I had hard-cooked eggs, brought home corn from the BBQ yesterday, and beets that needed to be used. Also, made a feta dressing a few days ago. Now, this is a salad I will make from scratch, it was so tasty!!
[Image: jul%205%20001_zpsuxwmdcgv.jpg]

You can tell this Leftover Queen is a happy person today!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by cjs (Has everyone recover...)
Made some coleslaw, Brioche rolls and have some ground CAB so burgers it is. Found some goat milk cheddar, new to me and I love it so that's going on mine. Tang of goat milk and texture of cheddar, what's not to love? Picky will have just Heinz ketchup on his. Surprise:-)
PJ
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/5/16?? by pjcooks (Made some coleslaw, ...)
We've been getting goat based cheeses from our cheese club, and really enjoy it all.
www.achefsjourney.com