Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Sweet Garlic Chicken and leftover Camembert pasta here - a rich dinner, but...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trying to clean out the fridge before we head out for vacation on Saturday. Still have some board's head frankfurters to use up. Will probably make a small amount of tots on the side. I am happy with 3 tots myself. LOL.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Trixxee (Trying to clean out ...)
I'm green with envy, Trixxee. Wish we were going somewhere! Where are you going and for how long so we don't worry?

I made meatballs and sauce this morning. Taking dinner out to the in-laws. They are having a rough day. Heavy carbs will calm everyone down.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Mare749 (I'm green with envy,...)
We are leaving on Saturday, will be back on Thursday. Just 5 nights. Going to Shaver Lake (near Fresno, CA). My sister's family is coming as well - and they have been there before so they know the ropes. So far we have rented two jet skies for an afternoon and a pontoon boat one day for fishing. They had quite a bit of rain so I think the water level is back up near normal again.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sear...p;hsimp=yhs-001

And this is the house/cabin we are renting (my sister is staying in another rental - we need our space - LOL).

https://www.vrbo.com/770448
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Trixxee (We are leaving on Sa...)
Burgers here...topped with roasted poblanos, pepper jack and chipotle mayonnaise. Yum!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by karyn (Burgers here...toppe...)
Oh, that looks beautiful, Trixxee, both the lake and the cabin. Have a wonderful time!

Karyn, did you tell us about your vacation or did I just miss it?
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Mare749 (Oh, that looks beaut...)
Trixxee, have a wonderful time! My BIL's family has a place near Shaver. Since he grew up in Fresno, that probably makes sense.

Maryann, no I didn't really recap the vacation. Sorry! We got home and I had to prep for our annual 4th of July weekend with friends (ours and the kids). We had a blast, but it was sure nice to get our lake house back to ourselves last night!

We had a wonderful time in California. We flew into San Jose and drove to Tahoe. Bay Area traffic, even at 12:30 on Saturday is horrendous. I don't miss it at all, and I live in Atlanta...

Our cabin at Fallen Leaf Lake is not nearly a plush as the one Trixxee is renting...we don't have insulated walls or a paved driveway, and the heating is a 1920's wood stove that I love cooking on. Needless to say, it's a summer-only place!

It was pretty windy, so we did a lot more hiking than water-skiing or swimming, but the hikes were amazing. If you've ever taken Hwy 50 into the Tahoe Basin, you've seen Horsetail Falls. We followed the trail to the Desolation Wilderness sign and then were on our own to the top of the falls. We hiked to Lake Aloha but there was much more snow than in this image, so we got lost a few times. It's really hard to follow a trail covered by a few feet of snow! We finished our hike at the trailhead at Lily Lake. We were really glad we had a car there so we could drive back to the cabin. We were tired!

I wore my Fitbit the entire hike, and by the end had earned two badges--the waterfall badge for climbing 300+ flights of stairs, and the snow boot badge for exceeding 45,000 steps in a day. Considering I had no cell phone reception the entire hike, I thought that was a bit creepy. I guess if you're carry any form of technology, you are being tracked!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by karyn (Trixxee, have a wond...)
Sounds like a great trip, Karyn! Your cabin looks a lot like one my uncle had at a lake close to where we live. I spent a lot of summers there. It's a shame you didn't get to go out on the lake, though. I'm guessing the water was too cold to swim in? It looks like you you got a nice break from this heat, too!!!

Trixxee, your location is gorgeous, and the cabin is soooo cute!

We're having the pizza we were supposed to have last night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like a great ...)
The scenery is breathtaking, Karyn! Thanks for sharing your photos and telling us about your adventures. You must be in amazing shape to hike like that! What a beautiful place to vacation.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Mare749 (The scenery is breat...)
Thanks guys! Looking forward to a nice time.

Karyn - sounds and looks like a fantastic vacation. You are certainly drawn to California every year, aren't you?