Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16??
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys! Lookin...)
What a great looking place and cabin, Trixxee! Have a great time.

And Karyn's vacation also - been in that area a lot (Hiway 50) when we were still in CA. Beautiful area.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by karyn (Trixxee, have a wond...)
Karyn your cabin is beautiful. That area of California is truly beautiful. We used to camp in an area close to that (in the tent & sleeping bag era). Trixee have fun on your vacation.

We morphed the leftover smoked chicken and soba noodle salad into another salad. The dressing was an interesting creation using Just Mayo, PBFitt (peanut butter powder), soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice wine vinegar.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys! Lookin...)
Quote:

Karyn - sounds and looks like a fantastic vacation. You are certainly drawn to California every year, aren't you?

What can I say??? While I love California, the south has been amazingly good to me and my family. While I was at my parent's home my FB feed came up with a listing for a new construction home in walking distance of the downtown area of my hometown (Los Altos). It was a nice house, and a bit smaller but more updated than our house, but the asking price was $5.2 million!!!!!! I don't think there is any way we could have approximated the lifestyle we have here in Georgia if we lived in California (and I really like the humidity!)

However, I absolutely love visiting the west coast, and I don't think there is anywhere better to hike in the world than Desolation Valley in the Tahoe area.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I'll be darned! Los Altos is Roy's hometown. I'm an Eastsider, so I always call him a Los Altos Snob.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by cjs (I'll be darned! Los ...)
Quote:

I'll be darned! Los Altos is Roy's hometown. I'm an Eastsider, so I always call him a Los Altos Snob.

OMG! Too funny!! I went to Gunn HS in Palo Alto. Where did Roy go?

Better an Eastsider is much better than SoCal, at least when I was growing up (sorry Trixxee!) I spent way too many years complaining about the lack of water in NorCal and listening to the mantra, "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown, flush it down." Low-flow toilets are a HUGE improvement over bricks in the tank....

Needless to say, the recent drought wasn't the first in NorCal.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
He went to Los Altos High and I went to James Lick in S.J. I remember the days of complaining that our water went to So. Cal for their golf courses and swimming pools.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/6/16?? by cjs (He went to Los Altos...)
I can remember all of those times. I went to HS up here in WA but moved to CA when I was very young. So Cal is still trying to get more water from NorCal, especially the Delta.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!