Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! **SPOILER**
  Re: (...)
Watched the first Chopped Grilling in Napa and your local chef was top dog. We liked his style - have you been to his restaurant??
Chef Jonathan Sawyer

Fun show.

Also, learned about a new product on this episode - Petimezi, evidently similar to a reduce Balsamic. Sound interesting.

Petimezi: Grape Syrup (Grape Molasses)
This is a specialty on the Greek island of Crete and one of the oldest (most ancient) recipes I know. Try this naturally sweet (no sugar added) syrup on yogurt, ice cream, in tea, on pancakes, in baking, and as a topping for snow!. A teaspoon also work wonders for sore throat and colds. On Crete, it's made in large quantities in September when grapes are harvested, and used throughout the year.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! **SPOILER** by cjs (Watched the first Ch...)
I'll have to catch up on that show. I've been anticipating it from the previews.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to catch u...)
Ooops, I should have added "Spoiler" - sorry Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by cjs (Ooops, I should have...)
Oh, that's okay. I love watching them work! It doesn't bother me to know who won! No worries!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, that's okay. I ...)
No, we have never eaten there, but I do remember seeing it the day we went to Lola. (Michael Symon's Restaurant) It's just across the street and looks like a very nice place from what I could see through the window.

Holly said that she went there with Heather once before a Cav's game, but they just had drinks and appetizers, not dinner. They are sort of famous for their french fries that are cooked in duck fat, and apparently a favorite with M.S. who likes to pop over once in a while.

I will have to look up this show so I can watch it. The Greenhouse menu is pretty interesting if you want to check it out.

http://www.thegreenhousetavern.com/menu/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Mare749 (No, we have never ea...)

What's not to love??

FOIE GRAS STEAMED CLAMS
WITH BUTTER, RED ONION BRULEE, TAVERN VINEGAR & GRILLED BREAD GFO
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by cjs ([br]What's not to lo...)
Very interesting menu!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Gourmet_Mom (Very interesting men...)
FYI...we went to a trendy micro brewery restaurant yesterday and I ordered a fish taco (Walleye) with a light, freshly made coleslaw, and a fresh peach salsa topping. I noticed the GFO next to items on the menu and found out it means they offer gluten free options, in this case the tortilla. Although I opted for the freshly made soft taco option myself, I thought it was good to offer it.

Most places offer a rather small and limited menu for gluten-free, but this place chose to put the letters next to any dish on their large menu that could be made GF, which would guarantee using fresh ingredients, not processed.

Jean, when you get a chance, do an internet search for Greenhouse Tavern pigs head images. It's on their menu.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Mare749 (FYI...we went to a t...)
Wow! I saw a picture of what looks like Foie Gras, but there were no clams with it, but I'm sure they change their menu up often. The Chef and that place are sure on my Bucket list.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Maryann - A Cleveland Chef!! by Mare749 (FYI...we went to a t...)
We went to a new Mexican fresh grill a couple weeks ago - when we told them I was gluten free she wiped her counter, changed her gloves and the word went out down the "cafeteria style" line. Clean gloves before they handled my food and care to make sure it was perfect! AMAZING! We'll go back.

I've got the series set to record - we love all of the Chopped shows.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!