Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

A frittata here with leftover pasta & Sweet Garlic chicken.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I browsed the Sandwiches and Salad boo yesterday for inspiration for this week's menu of cold meals to beat the heat around here. First up is a Chicken Caesar Weap with a Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I browsed the Sandwi...)
We are going to have Alyssa and Tommy here for dinner, so I decided to make some pizza dough to go on the grill and let the kiddos "top" their own. They love that!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight we are having Sous Vide Italian Meatloaf with Provolone, zucchini "pasta" with garden herb pesto, and fresh corn on the cob from our favorite Kaelstrom farm - it's so sweet it's like eating caramel corn.

I have sous vide cardamom apricots for dessert tonight, and plan on making a Strawberry, rhubarb, blueberry, marionberry crisp for dessert tomorrow.

When Bob gets back from his 9 holes of golf we're going to get our next batch of Limoncello going and bottle up my Cherry Bourbon. Busy day.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by Harborwitch (Tonight we are havin...)
Have fun with the kiddos, Maryann!

Sharon, I had log back on to comment! I wanna eat dinner at your house! !!!! Your dinner sounds amazing!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun with the ki...)
It's been a stressful day. One of m favorite aunts is not doing well and is estranged from her three kids. It's a long story. I've been the liaison recently between my family and hers (she's forbidden my parents from talking to her kids). I may be out of touch again in the next week or so if I need to leave town. Tonight's dinner...quesadillas again...I don't have to go to the store and I crave carbs!!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by karyn (It's been a stressfu...)
Oh Karyn - families can be so stressful. Good luck with it all and keep your calm.

Meatloaf in the Sous Vide - uhhhh, I'm not ready for that yet. The rest of the dinner sounds good. I still have some old homemade Limoncello in one of the liquor boxes. Need to dig it out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by cjs (Oh Karyn - families ...)
Karyn, that just stinks! You should be enjoying your summer! Family drama is so touchy! As small as my family has become, we still have more than I care to deal with!

You're stockpiling Lemoncello?!?! Really?!?!?!

Dinner was a BIG HIT! I made up a double batch of our favorite Creamy Caesar Dressing from the Chicken Roulade recipe. I cut up half a head of Rommaine and a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes. I split my chicken breasts and marinated them in half the dressing for a few hours. I grilled the bacon on a rack over a sheet pan and grilled the chicken. After slicing the chicken against the grain and chopping my bacon, I tossed all in a large bowl with most of the rest of the dressing, and rolled up in flour tortillas. I wrapped tightly in parchment and then plastic wrap and refrigerated until we were ready to eat. They came out like those fancy deli places. William was majorly impressed!

The Strawberry Lemonade Smoothies were a PERFECT balance of strawberries and lemon. William's eyes rolled back in his head! I put the remainder In the freezer for tomorrow. I hope I can set it out for a few minutes and add a little vodka for a predinner cocktail. So refreshing! Lucky me! I bought twice the strawberries that I needed, so I can make this again later in the week! Perfect thing to whip up as soon as we get home to beat the heat of the day and a warm house.

I also want to try it with an equal amount of other fruits that would pair well with lemonade maybe! The balance was perfect! Maybe watermelon? YUM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Karyn, that just sti...)
Hope I can find that book, Daphne - don't know if I still have it packed (sound like Sharon, don't I??? ) It's been a while since I've done anything from it.

Your dinner sounds so summery and good!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 7/10/16?? by karyn (It's been a stressfu...)
Good luck, Karyn, and hopefully you can help mend fences before it's too late for everyone involved. You are a good person for at least trying.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."