Instant-read thermometer
  Re: (...)
I'm in the market for a new thermometer. I already have a digital probe type, but I'd like an instant-read as well. Any recommendations??
  Re: Instant-read thermometer by OldVirginia (I'm in the market fo...)
The thermo-pen for sure!!! One of the best tools I have in the kitchen---extremely versatile, accurate and easy to order from Baker's Catalogue--I don't know where you could purchase as far as a market is concerned but I'm sure someone will know. A little pricey---worth every penny!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Instant-read thermometer by OldVirginia (I'm in the market fo...)
An instant temp. probe is almost a 'must' in any kitchen - nowadays they can be purchased at kitchen stores, large supermarkets. The better industrial types can be gotten at a Smart & Final or a restaurant supply.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Instant-read thermometer by Roxanne 21 (The thermo-pen for s...)
Thanks, Roxanne and cj.

I'm going to go with the one in Bakers Catalogue. You're right it's pricey, but heck, I'm worth it.
  Re: Re: Instant-read thermometer by OldVirginia (Thanks, Roxanne and ...)
YOU BET YOU'RE WORTH IT!!!! You won't be sorry!!!

I have used this little baby for MANY dishes--never lets me dowm---and it has a Centigrade vs Fahrenheit feature which comes int handy here. I have had mine for about three years--no battery change yet!!! You will like it if you enjoy the kitchen---and of course you do otherwise you wouldn't be here!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy