Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm sure it will be something from Fast & Fresh. Sat down and looked thru this book and can't believe how many dishes I marked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That's a good idea, Jean. I need to do the same thing.

However, I wasn't thinking along those lines when I started some rye bread last night that is rising nicely this morning. So tonight will be patty melts and some grilled veggies.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by Mare749 (That's a good idea, ...)
Patty melts

I've decided on the Fresh Corn Carbonara from Fast & Fresh book. Topped with some garlic-oven-roasted prawns.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by cjs (Patty melts [img]/ub...)
For some reason, I'm free as a bird this afternoon so I dug up a recipe for a Vietnamese salad ("bun") with grilled pork. It's a little more time-intensive that what I have been making for dinner, but I wanted something different tonight.
http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/vietn..._pork.aspx
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by foodfiend (For some reason, I'm...)
Some delicious sounding food tonight! I love patty melts, and I'm saving the Vietnamese salad. It sounds delicious! We're having grilled steak fajitas tonight. It's been a while so I'm really looking forward to them!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by karyn (Some delicious sound...)
Oooops, just looked at the recipe and it isn't from C@H book after all............it's an Epicurious.com recipe. Duh. Sure good with the suggestions of reviewers.
[Image: jul%2011%20003_zpsngiy4xfo.jpg]

Fresh Corn Carbonara

I'm thinking a can of smoked clams to go with the leftovers as we ate the prawns.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by cjs (Oooops, just looked ...)
I've bookmarked both recipes! Those shrimp look awesome, Jean!

Long day today. I didn't get my shopping done, so dinners are going to be on hold until I can coordinate shopping and a day off to prep. That said, it is lucky I forgot to take our wraps for lunch! They were waiting for us when we got home. I'm anxious to see how the smoothie thaws. So far so good.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (I've bookmarked both...)
Yummy looking dish, Jean.

Vicci, that is one of my favorite summer meals. I change them up with pork, chicken, or shrimp and sometimes top them with a sliced crispy spring roll.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by Mare749 (Yummy looking dish, ...)
Update! Thawed smoothie mix just enough to break it up a bit...add some smoothie chunks and vodka...SLUSHY! YUM!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 7/11/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Update! Thawed smoo...)
That corn carbonara looks great! A must try-thanks for the idea. Well, I finally had some peoples to cook for. I texted my 3 boys at 10 AM and invited them to a "clean out the freezer" dinner. They all showed:-)

We had a duck (sous vide) pizza with fontina , caramalized onions, fresh rosemary and cracklings. 4 lamb loin chops were thrown on the grill. A huge piece of bone in rib eye steak (leftover from Sat night dinner) was thrown in the sous vide to warm it up-perfectly warm and still med rare. Mac and cheese (thanks, Instant Pot), a small tortiere, some leftover mashed with brussell sprouts, and a bit of fennel chestnut dressing (leftover from Turkey Day) Oh, and a pizza with fresh tomatoes, fresh mozz and wild mushrooms with pepperoni.

I cleared some freezer space and saw the boys to boot!!
PJ