Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have lots of leftover Carbonara (but no prawns ) so I think I'll add some clams.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
We got a heat wave, so thinking that Vietnamese salad that Vicci mentioned would be a great idea. The kiddos are with me today, so we'll see if I can get them interested in making something instead of dragging me out to the park.

Alyssa talked me into downloading that stupid Pokemon Go, and all she wants to do is go out looking for Pokemon. I'm too old for this.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by Mare749 (We got a heat wave, ...)
Maryann, if you follow that particular recipe, be warned that the caramel goes from dark brown to burnt incredibly quickly. In fact, I knew this yet burned the first attempt! But next time I'm making double the marinade and using it for twice the amount of pork (I used boneless pork chops instead of slicing the piece) because the flavor is AMAZING, even as leftovers in a bahn mi or something.

Quote:

Alyssa talked me into downloading that stupid Pokemon Go, and all she wants to do is go out looking for Pokemon. I'm too old for this.

Ha! Sounds like you're keeping up with them just fine!

Okay, now, while thinking about the leftovers I realized that the leftover pork from last night will be great in lettuce wraps tonight. I came here for inspiration and I gave it to myself!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by foodfiend (Maryann, if you foll...)
That Pokémon thing is really causing some hate & discontent!! Thank God our kids have their own parents and grandparents to get on with this.

That Vietnamese salad is calling my name - have to get thru this week and then I can play with some new ones.

Another leftover winner – this is so fun when it works! We ate the prawns from the Carbonara yesterday, but not all the pasta, so today I added a can of Smoked Clams (oil and all!! ) – and what a great combination of flavors. Will repeat this one. The Pinot Grigio was great with this dish, also.

[Image: Jul%2012%20Leftover%20Carbonara%20w%20sm...hvsywi.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by cjs (That Pokémon thing i...)
That looks delicious, Jean! It's hot here, too, but I'm having a grilled cheese craving. We're having Monterey Melts with Jicama Slaw.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by karyn (That looks delicious...)
Q. How do you get Pikachu onto a bus?
A. You Pokémon.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by cjs (That Pokémon thing i...)
Jean that looks and sounds really good.

I have no idea what we're having. More plumbing issues, this time with the gray water tank, it's full and won't drain. No dishes or showers until Bob get's it fixed. Left overs?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by labradors (Q. How do you get Pi...)
Quote:

Q. How do you get Pikachu onto a bus?
A. You Pokémon.

The kiddos are going to love that one, Labs!

P.S.
That's a shame, Sharon. Hope Bob gets it fixed quickly.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Problem solved . . . a combination of things I think.

Dishes are done and Mac & cheese is in the oven. Zucchini, Godfather peppers & black krim tomatoes (from our garden), onions, garlic, & pepperoni are ready to be sauteed. We have 2 little slices of meatloaf from Sunday left to round this out. Nom nom nom.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 7/12/16?? by Harborwitch (Problem solved . . ....)
We had another late day. William wanted to go to the island to check about a job he was working on, and it was after 6 already. He suggested eating out at our new favorite seafood place, but they close on Tuesdays. We have only eaten there for lunch. Their daily specials give you a mountain of seafood for $8!

Anyway, we went to an old favorite that we haven't been to in a long time. The shrimp was perfect and the most tender clam strips I've ever had! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.