Pasta with Butter and Parmesan
  Re: (...)
The friends from CA brought their Grandson, Clayton, with them and he is a picky eater – “…likes cheese pizza, pasta with butter and Parmesan, Nathan Hot Dogs…….”
So, I chose the pasta with butter and Parm. O.K. stay with me here.

I suppose a lot of you have had this dish?? I can say I have never had it in my life. The thought of just butter and parm?? No. Well, this is what I fixed for Clayton….please note the quantities –

PASTA - SIMPLE - Garlic-Buttered Pasta Recipe
But, God Forbid I add anything else, so delete the garlic, the parsley )
2 cups uncooked small pasta shells, alphabet pasta or ring macaroni
3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Because of nothing else, I upped the cheese to ½ cup/2 oz.!!)
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Melted the butter (1/2 CUP – ONE WHOLE STICK OF BUTTER!!!). Cook pasta; drain, and pour melted butter over adding the grated Parmesan cheese. Put in small casserole dishes for Clayton.

I swear to God I have never tasted anything so rich, so decadent, so darn good!! I told Roy he was going to have to eat what Clayton left over, that no way would I eat it. Well, today I gave in. Long story short, I had sautéed chicken cutlets in lemon to have today, so I heated the chicken with some of that darn pasta over the top and I can’t tell you how good it was!! The lemon just cut thru the richness of the pasta and was pure ambrosia. Wine: Berringer’s Pinto Grigio and Apothic Dark both were wonderful with this dish. This is written kind of tongue-in-cheek only because I’m sure this is a universal pasta dish, but it always seemed too far over the top for me. And it was, but oh my, was it ever good!!
[Image: jul%2014%20002_zpsmmuimzq9.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by cjs (The friends from CA ...)
Did you add the garlic when you made it for yourself? You HAVE to add the garlic! I like angel hair done this way. Sometimes it's just the simple things...

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by Mare749 (Did you add the garl...)
so good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by Gourmet_Mom ( so good!...)
Looks fantastic.
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by Trixxee (Looks fantastic....)
Nope, but there was garlic in the lemon chicken, so got it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by cjs (Nope, but there was ...)
This is Jack's favorite pasta dish to request when we are short on time. Of course, I use mostly olive oil and a little butter, but a ton of garlic and parsley. A mix of locatelli (a romano cheese) and Parm is our favorite. Mom liked to add peas, and I do that occasionally too.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by foodfiend (This is Jack's favor...)
Oh, I do a simple pasta also (olive oil, garlic & Parm) - BUT this one that he likes had 1/2 a cup of butter!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pasta with Butter and Parmesan by cjs (Oh, I do a simple pa...)
When I saw that 1 stick of butter, well, that's just crazy! The butter does add richness to the dish, rather than using all olive oil, but you don't need that much!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com