Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Busy day, went in for the results of my physical and all sorts of tests (and happy to say I'm doing fine!) - Dr. 'suggested' I get out and walk and since I can't walk any distance, he agreed bike riding would do me well, also. So, off to find replacement bikes which we got rid of when we sold the house.

Also, a Costco run, so will probably get a big ice cream cone for my lunch and Roy's Costco hot dog for him.

I'm so tired of replacing things we sold when we got rid of the big house!!! Dumb.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Congratulations on the good health report, Jean!

I went to my favorite vegetable market this morning to pick up some goodies to put on the grill, eggplant, yellow squash, red peppers, Vidalia onions, tomatoes, sliced cheddar and hummus. Started bread last night to make individual ciabatta to build some sandwiches with later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by Mare749 (Congratulations on t...)
Thanks!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by cjs (Thanks!...)
That's great news, Jean!

I love grilled veggie sandwiches, Maryann! Your dinner sounds terrific!!

We wound up going out to a brewpub for dinner last night, so dinner tonight will be the Cobb Salad that I prepped yesterday.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by karyn (That's great news, J...)
My friend Joanna made this recently and they loved it. I have all the ingredients on hand. Or we might just get some tacos from a place that has Taco Thursday tonight.

http://www.momontimeout.com/2016/03/chee...i-skillet/
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by Trixxee (My friend Joanna mad...)
That's right up my alley - and I have Kielbasa!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by cjs (That's right up my a...)
She's real hesitant about cheese and rice together, refused to try it for years and then she came across this hoping the kielbasa would pull it all together. And it did.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 7/21/16?? by Trixxee (She's real hesitant ...)
I copied it, too! William would LOVE THIS!

We just got home and sat down with a glass of wine. Dinner is a cinch tonight. All I need to do is bake off my taco shells and zap the beans and meat for Taco Salad. After the wine! UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.