T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have some cod in the freezer - probably something with zucc noodle salad, too. Really up in the air.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Michael is having his wisdom teeth removed this morning so he'll need something soft. Tony's making macaroni and cheese with some ham in it and Michael will opt for plain macaroni (with butter and parm!) if he's even up to that. I have plenty of apple sauce, yogurt, pudding, jello, ice cream and smoothies here for him.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by Trixxee (Michael is having hi...)
Wishing Michael the best of luck with his surgery. Had to go through that when I was 20. Was swollen like a chipmunk for days. Hope it won't be that bad for him.

We're going out to a local dive with some friends tonight, so I'm thinking fish tacos.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some cooked chicken, a Mexican cheese with poblano peppers in it, tortillas and red chile sauce. Enchiladas. I'll have them ready to go in the oven just before I get off work. I think some corn on the cob in the Anova to go with them. I think.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by Harborwitch (I have some cooked c...)
I hope all goes well for Michael. He'll probably want soft stuff all weekend, so you were smart to stock up, Trixxee!

I think we'll head out for dinner, either to pizza or a local gastropub...it depends on where there are two empty seats at the bar.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by karyn (I hope all goes well...)
"...depends on where there are two empty seats at the bar"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by cjs ("...depends on where...)
Thanks guys. He seems ok, now. But after we had been home for about an hour his entire personality literally changed and he was screaming obscenities at us and actually kicked a wall. I asked a nurse friend of mine if that was anything she had seen before, relating to anesthesia and this is what she said:

It's part of the fight or flight sympathetic/parasympathetic response. What he was given is like truth serum. You could have asked him anything while under it and gotten a truthful answer. Going under and coming out can be a hard transition.
In babies the struggle and fight and cry because they lack words. Adults will cuss and sometimes punch.

And then he snapped out of it and calmed down. So weird.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys. He see...)
Good Lord!!! I've never heard of something like this - how frigging scary!! I hope the dentist warned you of this maybe happening?????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by cjs (Good Lord!!! I've ne...)
They mentioned a million things that could go on but nothing about this. Here is a video a friend sent to me to show how people react differently. Notice how this woman is starting to get mad at certain times (wish the husband would just be quiet and not keep talking to her!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idjo2fhLKDY&app=desktop
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/22/16?? by Trixxee (They mentioned a mil...)
Wow - had no idea. Poor Michael. I hope you didn't video him!!
www.achefsjourney.com