Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16??
  Re: (...)
Where is everyone - I figured someone would get tired of waiting for me and start our thread. I spent the morning watching the tape of an event from last night.....bleeding-heart liberal that I am.

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making....wait for it.........a pizza with my leftover sausage and squash dish.

The sun is shining and it's going to be a beautiful day!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by cjs (Where is everyone - ...)
Well, I was up and out early. Took Lois to the senior center for exercise class, lunch, and craft class. And yes, it really is a gorgeous day!

We are going to have "Zucchini Stuffed with Corn, Cheese and Sausage" from Jean's book, "BLACK BEANS & CORN", and some fresh Italian bread.

Do you know, I did a search through the Cuisine DVD and couldn't find one recipe for as stuffed zucchini? Really surprises me with the abundance of zukes in the summer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by Mare749 (Well, I was up and o...)
Another reason for B.B. & Corn.

OMGoodness – who’d a thunk it! Not me.
William DeVaney ALERT!! you'd love this.

L/O Sausage & B.Nut Squash from yesterday, added to a pizza. Marinara sauce, Mozz., Mtn. Gorgonzola, Squash w/herbs, Andouille sausage, then topped with Goat Gouda. What a great cheese combination. Sprinkled with red pepper flakes.

[URL=http://s3.photobucket.com/user/cjdacook/media/2016%20COOKING/Jul%2027%20003_zpsqextyesm.jpg.html][Image: Jul%2027%20003_zpsqextyesm.jpg][/URL

P.s. I made a couscous side dish to stuff some of my Crookneck squash for our later 'snack'.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by cjs (Another reason for B...)
That looks and sounds amazing. Wow.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by Mare749 (That looks and sound...)
Still have some ham and bean soup to use up.

And while it doesn't really "go", I think I'm going to bake a few frozen fried shrimp with cocktail sauce as a little appetizer.

Pizza looks really great, as usual. I wonder how many pizzas you've made over the years? Hundreds no doubt!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by Trixxee (Still have some ham ...)
Scary, isn't it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by cjs (Scary, isn't it?...)
Wouldn't it be fun to know? Jean, how many more pizza books do you have in the works?

One of the reasons we enjoy having soup so much is because it's such a great excuse to make appetizers, which otherwise might seem just too indulgent(calorie-wise) for every day meals.
Maryann

Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/27/16?? by Mare749 (Wouldn't it be fun t...)
I'm with you, Maryann - it's so fun to add something to a bowl of soup.

I've been trying to figure out how to write another one. I'd really like to just do one listing toppings. But, I guess I'd have to at least have chapters on a couple doughs and sauces.

But, I would love to just highlight topping ideas...............
www.achefsjourney.com