T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16??
  Re: (...)
And, today is really Friday.

What's on the menu for everyone today?
I don't have a clue yet.

I'm still pouting about Stinger losing a split decision in Battle Bots last night. darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16?? by cjs (And, today is really...)
Splurged on a flank steak to make these fajitas. I like the idea of pineapple juice in the marinade.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/276338127114428824/
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16?? by Trixxee (Splurged on a flank ...)
OMG, Jean! I didn't know! We DVR'd it, but I didn't watch it yet because Ron fell asleep. Bummer.

Tonight we are going with friends to Asiatown (formerly known as Chinatown) for the Night Market, food vendors, and entertainment. It's always interesting to listen to Tony (his real name is *****) converse with the locals in his native Cantonese language. They always sound like they are arguing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16?? by Mare749 (OMG, Jean! I didn't ...)
Oh piddle - I'm sorry for spoiling it - but it was a great match!

All this talk of crab/shrimp Louis - that's what we're having today!

Another sign I'm losing it - Put a Birthday card in the mail for my sister on Tuesday for the 29th

Her B'day is AUGUST 29th
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16?? by cjs (Oh piddle - I'm sorr...)
thanks Sharon for bringing up Shrimp Louis this week - it was perfect on this warm n.w. day!!

Garlic Roasted Shrimp Louis
[Image: Jul%2029%20003_zpsgysyvbil.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/29/16?? by cjs (thanks Sharon for br...)
Have fun, Jean. The shrimp louis looks delicious!!

We're having pizza tonight...choice of veggie with pesto, spinach, mushrooms and pickled jalapenos, or Thai-style with chicken, caramelized onions, and cilantro. I love both.