Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm kind of bored with my cooking lately, so I'm headed to the C@H books/mag. I have unpacked...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Ron mentioned he would like a steak, so heading to the meat store to see what looks good. Not sure about sides. Looking for inspiration.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by Mare749 (Ron mentioned he wou...)
Too bad more don't join us here and we can get inspired, Maryann...................... just sayin'

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by cjs (Too bad more don't j...)
Doing some Angus strip steaks sous vide with Bearnaise sauce. Got some fresh Jersey white corn for a side.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by BarbaraS (Doing some Angus str...)
Had Cobb Salad for the first time. Delicious! Great combination.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by cjs (Too bad more don't j...)
Quote:

Too bad more don't join us here and we can get inspired, Maryann...................... just sayin'

I know what you mean and wish that more folks would join us too. But, it is summertime, and we usually do have less activity during the warmer weather when people are out of the house more.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 7/30/16?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
This is true, Maryann - fingers crossed.

Well, we certainly had a great snack last night. One of the cheeses from our cheese club is Kefalograviera - a Greek cow's milk cheese.

There are serving ideas on igourmet.com's site and I found this one yesterday.

Kefalograviera cheese

Saganaki
---------
1/8 Cup Butter
1/2 lb Kefalograviera Cheese (or Kasseri)
1 Whole Lemons Squeezed

Directions:
Cut the cheese into a slab about 3/4" thick.
Heat the butter in the frying pan and sear the cheese.
As the cheese starts to brown pour the lemon juice over it and remove from the heat.
Serve hot with fresh pita or bread for dipping

[Image: Jul%2031%20Cheese%20tray%202_zpshnwaraxa.jpg]

Since we divide each cheese 3 ways, we only get 2-3 oz. of each, so we couldn't do the thickness called for, but what I had was just perfect for us. So tasty.
www.achefsjourney.com