Is This Blasphemous???
  Re: (...)
Wow, messing with the Mother Sauces - who'd a thunk it.

Five Sauces for the Modern Cook

Hmmmm, interesting concept, but I'm thinking in addition (or variations of) the Mother Sauces. Old school, I know.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by cjs (Wow, messing with th...)
I think calling them Mother Sauces, whether you attach "New" to it or not is a stretch. Why confuse the the home cook? But I sure would like to know what some of the old school Master Chefs have to say about this. I'm guessing it's not complimentary.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by Gourmet_Mom (I think calling them...)
I've been making three of these for years. The Tahini is not on my menu, but I have thought about experimenting with yogurt.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by Old Bay (I've been making thr...)
Oh Bill, my heart skipped a few beats the other day when we heard about the shooting in Austin!! The victims seem to be so indiscriminately chosen, it could be anyone!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by cjs (Oh Bill, my heart sk...)
Both our kids were moving, Eric bought his first house (condo) and Allison into a new apartment when she gets back from a cheese conference in Des Moine. Eric told his mom, "we were nowhere near 6th street".
  Re: Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by Old Bay (Both our kids were m...)
Thank God and you and Jane can breathe again (not to mention those who love you all!!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is This Blasphemous??? by cjs (Thank God and you an...)
Thank goodness the kids are safe! I did think of Allison, but I felt sure you would let us know! I totally forgot Eric was there also! Thanks for letting us know for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.