T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm grilling a steak with roasted potatoes. maybe a broccoli salad
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm thinking of doing a shrimp stir-fry tonight. It's just too hot to eat anything heavy. Really tired of this heat!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by Mare749 (I'm thinking of doin...)
oh, good idea - I may do a poor man's surf and turf....add a few grilled shrimp to our steak dinner. Hmmm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by cjs (oh, good idea - I m...)
I'm finally going to make that kielbasa/rice/cheese/broccoli skillet dish I posted about a few weeks ago.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by Trixxee (I'm finally going to...)
That sounds good. How are you doing, Trixxee?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by Mare749 (That sounds good. Ho...)
OK. Not great, not bad. Yesterday we went to the beach and it was gorgeous (videos up on FB). That was kind of nice for the soul. Today Tony has a lunch meeting with someone he used to work with who does the same kind of thing Tony does (selling internet security mostly to K-12 school districts). This guy is a private contractor versus an actual employee anywhere so we'll see what he has to say about this type of thing.

I'm just trying to keep these guys occupied without spending too much money. Tomorrow they are going to the movies again and on Monday they are going salt water fishing with my nephews on a half day boat. They are catching some calico bass lately and I'm really hoping they come home with some. I haven't had a fresh caught fish cooked within hours of it being caught in decades!

Thank you for asking. Hope Barbara is doing ok too.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by Trixxee (OK. Not great, not ...)
You two are sure in our thoughts, Trixxee - darn I'm envious of freshly caught fish...I wish Roy would put down the hammer and saw and get in gear!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by cjs (You two are sure in ...)
We're doing okay Trixxee. I hope things work out quickly for you.

Hubby has vowed to get working around the house next week. He sent out his resume and is waiting to hear back from a couple people.

We're calling out for delivery tonight. I'm pooped and my foot is killing me from an injury two months ago. Just won't clear up. Will be going to the doctor soon.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by BarbaraS (We're doing okay Tri...)
Thanks guys!

Tony worked around the house all weekend long last weekend. He prepped and painted our kitchen and adjoining family room. Turned out really nice. We were planning on hiring someone but of course that notion went out the window...hey, it gave him a sense of purpose for two days! Still need to do the baseboards but one knee of his is still recovering from all the crouching and kneeling.

Hope your foot feels better Barbara. Until we get hurt or we develop some kind of condition we don't realize how vital our feet are! My best friend has been to two podiatrists who have different answers on what her issue is.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 8/5/16?? by Trixxee (Thanks guys![br][br]...)
Trixxee,

Can I borrow your Hubby for a few weeks? I'll pay airfare, of course.

Just waiting for my medical plan to kick in for the insurance cards.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.