Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

Hash here with l/o steak & roasted potatoes (and of course an egg on top) and a green salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I had a request for chicken piccata, one of our favorites.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by losblanos1 (I had a request for ...)
We need to eat a bit lighter after the foodfest weekend, so will be having a Vietnamese salad for dinner tonight, topped with some grilled shrimp.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by Mare749 (We need to eat a bit...)
So, it's still hot here, just slightly less so (high of 90 instead of 95), but the trade off is that it's even more humid, so I think I preferred the higher temps, particularly since today was my first day back. I decided that I'm not cooking tonight, so we're headed to the local tavern for dinner and drinks with neighbors. I've got to ease back in to being a responsible teacher...hiccup!!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by karyn (So, it's still hot h...)
and hiccup right back at you, teacher!

I love hash and I love a (sorry Barbara!! ) runny egg on top!!
[Image: aug%208%20001_zps1krpjhp6.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by cjs (and hiccup right bac...)
Too funny Karyn! My sister feels the same (she's a high school Spanish teacher AND she tutors almost every day for at least an hour for $60/hr ) so she is ready for some hiccups when the time presents itself.

I think we may just be having breakfast for dinner. The guys are out on that half day boat and Michael has gotten sick 3 times so far, even with Bonine and wearing sea bands. So far, no fish big enough to keep. They have another hour though. I feel bad for him. Between the wisdom teeth, throwing up in public all day and tomorrow he is having routine blood drawn which he is deathly afraid of, it's been a rip roaring time for him lately!

We are going to the beach on Saturday - what's next, stepping on a sting ray?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by Trixxee (Too funny Karyn! My...)
HEB had prime strip steaks on sale for $5.97/lb. I got two 1 3/4 inches thick. I have heavily Seasond them with Grandma Behrendts seasoned salt and pepper. It is on them now and they are coming to room temp. Jane is making potato gallate and mushrooms as sides. Caesar salad to begin with. I will get out a friendly Bourdeaux.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by Old Bay (HEB had prime strip ...)
Poor Michael - he's going to be very glad to go back to school!!!!

Sounds good, Bill.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by cjs (Poor Michael - he's ...)
Poor Michael!!!

Karyn, I hear you! Hiccup! Enjoy!

While it is still hot, I prepped for this, so going with it. It's cooler than it has been. I grilled off a bunch of chicken cutlets last weekend seasoned in various ways. I'm doing this more often! So many uses! I also did marinara for some Pizzadillas last week (Turned out GREAT!), and made a double recipe for the freezer.

So tonight is Easy Chciken Parmesan over linguine with a simple salad. Loving having pre prepped food requiring assembly only!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 8/8/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Michael!!! [br...)
Certainly does help, doesn't it, Daphne
www.achefsjourney.com