Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Since our motely crew 'meeting' has been moved to tomorrow this week and I have running around to do, I think I'll just put together some kind of casserole and have it when we can. Maybe a Tuna one - haven't done one of those forever.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Alyssa and Tommy gave me a bunch of cherry tomatoes from their garden, so I'm going to make Pasta Pomodoro, a recipe that a former member posted. It became a favorite and I do it once or twice a summer now. Probably a green salad on the side, but that depends on what looks good at the produce store.

If we have time later, the kiddos will make chocolate dipped bananas from a recipe that Jean sent me. I'll post pix if we do.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by Mare749 (Alyssa and Tommy gav...)
I have a beautiful chuck roast I got on sale for $3.99/lb and will slow cook that for chili colorado. I think I'm going to skip the big tortillas we normally use for burritos and just have it as is. Also someone mentioned a mexican creamed corn the other day - found a recipe for that which will allow me to use up some cream cheese that needs to be eaten somehow.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by Trixxee (I have a beautiful c...)
I have a bunch of cherry tomatoes, also - and found this in a newsletter this a.m. and looks so summery!

[Image: Zucchini%20Salad%20copy_zpskfxkjzow.jpg]

Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes with Red Pepper Dressing
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by cjs (I have a bunch of ch...)
Trixxee, I don't know if this is the one you saw, Mexican Creamed Corn, but this one is wonderful!!

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post178614
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by cjs (Trixxee, I don't kno...)
Mexican creamed corn sounds so good and we loved the Chile Colorado when I made it a few weeks ago. It's a keeper.

Well, we did make the chocolate dipped bananas and they turned out so bad that nobody wants to eat them. I followed the directions exactly, but when I put the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate, it lumped up immediately. And, freezing the bananas ahead of time made them watery. To make it even worse, I let the kids cut the bananas the way they wanted to without even thinking that they should be rather large chunks. So, they are just a big frozen mess on a plate that Ron insists he is going to try after dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by Mare749 (Mexican creamed corn...)
Too funny, Maryann! Go Ron!

Very pretty Jean!

We are having old school tacos tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Too funny, Maryann! ...)
Oh Crap!! That's so funny and so sad. Hope everyone got a good laugh.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by Mare749 (Mexican creamed corn...)
Maryann, I LOVED frozen bananas in the summer when we visited my great-aunt's house on Balboa Island when I was really young. What a fun idea! I'd completely forgotten about them. I'm sorry that they didn't work out better for you.

Trixxee, I don't know about the creamed corn that Jean suggested since I've never tried it, but this recipe for esquites (Mexican street corn salad) is amazing.

Tonight we had risotto (total Instant Pot failure, but it still tasted okay), chicken with a red wine pan sauce (which we love), and roasted asparagus. Overall successful, but I really do need to read the Instant Pot manual...sigh!
  Re: Re: Tuesday's Dinner, 8/9/16?? by karyn (Maryann, I LOVED fro...)
Wow, this recipe has 2 important things going for it - it's a J. Kenji recipe and corn!!! Saved!

We used to get chocolate covered bananas at the boardwalk at Santa Cruz, CA growing up. I'm so sorry they didn't work out for you. Maryann, you ought to send a msg. to Food Network magazine. It was in the Sept. 2016 issue
www.achefsjourney.com