Ground beef/pork fat experiment
  Re: (...)
For years I have made my chili with a combination of 2/3 chili ground beef and 1/3 chili ground pork. The meat was about 15% fat. Lately I have been using brisket for the beef in both my chili and my hamburgers.. Soon in hamburgers and meatloaf I've been toying with the idea of grinding the brisket lean and adding 15% pork fat or even pork belly (no skin) for flavor and moisture. I have little experience with this and even less with pork belly. I just love to play around. For those of you who believe "pork fat rules", what are your thoughts?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Ground beef/pork fat experiment by Old Bay (For years I have mad...)
Since my mixture is usually brisket and chuck for ground beef, I've not done much with adding pork/pork fat to the mix. Altho, when I want a little more flavor I will grab some pork and grind it up and add. Since I have pork belly on a pedestal, I'd probably hesitate to add it, but I'll bet it would be good.

Not much help from here, I'm afraid, but would love to hear what you end up doing. Plus, my brain might be working a little better in a few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ground beef/pork fat experiment by cjs (Since my mixture is ...)
Sorry, I won't be any help here, but would love to hear what you decided to do and if you were happy with the results.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ground beef/pork fat experiment by Mare749 (Sorry, I won't be an...)
Lol now I use london broils because when they go on sale they are very cheap and I do add a bit of pork butt to bring the fat content up. I prefer the pork fat over beef fat, especially when making burgers.