Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I'm craving chocolate.....

Have no idea what we'll have, but since I have a little shallot and bacon left, our snack will probably be a repeat 'crustless quiche' - they sure were good. (we should eat out of the freezer, that's for sure!)

-

Had to come back to add what the first thing I saw on my newsletters this a.m after admitting I'm craving chocolate...................Good Lord!!
[Image: Cinnamon-Sugar-Nutella-Quesadilla-1-600x...1sg6av.jpg]

Cinnamon Sugar Nutella Quesadilla.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Wow, looks decadent. Is that what you are making?

I'm going to make Jean's pizza that I didn't get to make yesterday because we got invited out again. So, today for sure. Chopped salad on the side. Might have to put a few pieces of chicken on the grill for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by Mare749 (Wow, looks decadent....)
Oh God, NO!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by cjs (Oh God, NO!![br][img...)
Uh oh. What did I do?

If it's about the pieces of chicken, he said never mind.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by Mare749 (Uh oh. [img]/ubbthre...)
I meant no way would I make that!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by cjs (I meant no way would...)
Tonight we are having a grilled shrimp cobb salad. I forgot to pick up a loaf of fresh french bread to make garlic bread out of though. Oh well, lord knows we can definitely do without the bread.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by Trixxee (Tonight we are havin...)
We ended up being good and emptying a spot in the freezer - we brought a great doggy bag home from the fish shack a couple weeks ago....
[Image: aug202720001_zpsg59y3omg.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by cjs (We ended up being go...)
Sorry I've been AWOL! It's been a busy week that was preceded by a super busy weekend.

Hopefully things will settle down. Tonight, we're having grilled fish tacos for dinner. They've been marinating in a rub as I prepped food for the week. Since back to school night is over, I should be more present around here.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by karyn (Sorry I've been AWOL...)
As we were nibbling on our fish leftovers, I thought why the heck didn't I make fish tacos.....darn.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 8/28/16?? by cjs (As we were nibbling ...)
What a miss that was, Jean! That would have been really good! William is in love with them, especially when they have sea bass on the menu.

Oh, I remember how much there was to do with open house, Karyn! I'm glad it's behind you!

We are having another shrimp boil. I had work yesterday and napped this afternoon to regroup. So this was easy. I didn't get to do any prep for next week, but that's okay. We will have leftovers tomorrow night, and we will be on the road Tuesday for a check up at Duke. And we've decided that if we are in town after 5, we may start having a nice dinner out a night or two a week.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.