Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Eating from the freezer today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tony is making Pioneer Woman's white enchiladas with some leftover grilled chicken.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/white...nchiladas/
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Trixxee (Tony is making Pione...)
That looks really tasty, Trixxee. Sounds like Tony is enjoying himself in the kitchen these days. Fun for him and a nice break for you.

We are grilling some chicken leg quarters. Just haven't decided yet how to finish them. Going to look through Cuisine books for inspiration and a side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Mare749 (That looks really ta...)
I am enjoying the help immensely, especially now that homework is back in the picture (I've been utilizing any study guide I can for Michael to insure a smooth start - typing up Quizlets for literary vocab, economics vocab, spanish vocab, etc.)

We have made this recipe a couple of times. They really are very good and a nice change of pace from red or green enchilada sauce, though I see a can of red enchilada sauce on the counter so I think he's going to moisten the chicken with that instead of broth, or maybe half sauce/half broth.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Trixxee (I am enjoying the he...)
That's great, Trixxee! I know how much you struggle to balance dinner and homework!

We are having ribs and black eyed peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (That's great, Trixxe...)
Ribs have been on my mind....maybe because Labor Day is coming up?? Do we want a holiday thread for this weekend?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by cjs (Ribs have been on my...)
We usually have one. Sadly, we will be working Saturday and Monday! We are that far behind! And all this rain is not helping!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (We usually have one....)
We're having a smaller version of the 4th of July crowd. Some dear friends will arrive Friday night and depart Sunday morning. They're bringing cheese and charcuterie for dinner, which is my very favorite way to start the weekend.

Our respective children & their spouses/significant others will arrive Saturday on their own schedules. Dinner will be sous vide tri-tip with a choice of sauces...horseradish cream, chimichurri, or mole, esquites, and a green salad (probably from a bag, 'cuz I feel like we need something green and don't want to work too hard.) I'm hoping to convince people that taking the boat to breakfast one morning will be fun (which it is, but that means we miss the glassy water...)

Anyway, it should be a really fun weekend!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 8/31/16?? by Mare749 (That looks really ta...)
We have leftovers; pulled pork, different veggie salads, beets . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!