Whole Wheat Pasta?
  Re: (...)
Has anyone tried whole wheat pasta and if so, what brand? Also, what is your opinion of it?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by BarbaraS (Has anyone tried who...)
We tried Barilla once, but didn't care for it. It's an acquired taste, much like brown rice.

I got it in my head a few years back that I wanted to learn to like brown rice. So, I started mixing it with white rice and we actually started liking it that way even though it means cooking them separately.

Thought I might try that with WW and regular pasta some time, but have not tried it yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by Mare749 (We tried Barilla onc...)
I've found if w.w. pasta is a little under cooked it has a better flavor and texture than going to al dente even. But, it is still iffy
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by cjs (I've found if w.w. p...)
I only tried it once and I had a hard time getting it down, nevermind enjoying it. It doesn't have enough fiber or fewer carbs for me to justify eating it.
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by Trixxee (I only tried it once...)
We tried Barilla and DID like it, but didn't find it special enough to make a permanent switch.

Something else different that makes me wonder is quinoa pasta. Maybe I'll try it some day.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by labradors (We tried Barilla and...)
Wow, it's really THAT different? Had no idea.

Quinoa pasta? Hm. May have to look for it.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by BarbaraS (Wow, it's really THA...)
We still get regular, but I have tried it. Not something we cared for, but we do like rice pasta from Trader Joe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whole Wheat Pasta? by Gourmet_Mom (We still get regular...)
I agree with all of the above. WW pasta is not an acceptable substitute for regular pasta around here. However, I prefer the flavor of brown rice, and no one in my family complains when I make that substitution.