Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY
  Re: (...)
I'm feeling conflicted about posting this review. It just wasn't one of our favorites. Jean suggested that my balsamic vinegar may not have been aged enough and would give the sauce a harsh taste. This may be true. We did not care for the sauce and did not feel that it went with the filet at all.

On a positive note, I did like the cooking method for this recipe. It was quick and easy for a weeknight meal. I used regular broccoli, because we aren't crazy about broccolini, and I did make the Scallion Rice, which we did enjoy, although I'm not sure the mustard seeds contributed much to the dish.

Not likely to make this dish again. Didn't post my photo since it really wasn't that attractive.

Sorry everyone. They aren't all a 10. I'm going to read the recipe more carefully next time I pick.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by Mare749 (I'm feeling conflict...)
don't beat yourself up over this one, Maryann - it keeps you humble to have a miss once in a while.

While I’ve never been a fan of Beef & Broccoli Stir Frys, I’m giving this one a 9 because of the sauce. I really liked it. In fact, after I picked out the good parts for Roy’s breakfast l/o dish, I squeezed all the sauce I could get out of the broccolini and saved the sauce for another use. (Since I haven't had time to get to the sauce, it's in the freezer awaiting a new use) The rice surprised me at how aromatic it was as it cooked and we both enjoyed the flavor very much. Will add this to our rotation of rice dishes, that’s for sure.

Overall, I’m glad you picked this one, Maryann – Roy gave it a 10+
[Image: Sept%201%20Review%20dinner%201_zpsepyxjbp1.jpg]

I did not use a filet - beside not caring for that cut, I wasn't abut to spend the money for it. I used a N.Y. Strip.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by cjs (don't beat yourself ...)
We thought it was really tasty, but not over the top delicious. If we make it again, I'd slice the steak into strips and sear. I gave it a 6, CA an 8.
The rice was really good and would make it again.

It wasn't a failure Maryann and thank you for picking this.

[Image: 3_zpsokix8ipu.jpg]
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by losblanos1 (We thought it was re...)
I'm glad I went with the slices, more flavor, I think.

Again, thanks Maryann!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by cjs (I'm glad I went with...)
Oh, I am so relieved that it wasn't a bomb for either one of you!

So, is it too soon to pick another one?
Maryann

Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by Mare749 (Oh, I am so relieved...)
NO!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by cjs (NO!...)
Well I liked it a lot! I really liked the flavor of the orange peel and mustard in the sauce. We used "prime" top sirloin ($8.99/lb) from Costco and I swear, it was as tender as a filet for twice the price. I'd rate it a solid 8+.

I didn't make the rice because I was in a hurry but I hope to make it another time.

Thanks Maryann.
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by Trixxee (Well I liked it a lo...)
Oh, I'm so glad you liked it, Trixxee. Guess it's just us and our odd taste buds.
Maryann

Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by Mare749 (Oh, I'm so glad you ...)
Odd folks in Ohio....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review dinner----BALSAMIC STEAK STIR-FRY by cjs (Odd folks in Ohio......)
Maryann