The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior'
  Re: (...)
Still downsizing and going thru old recipes & food binders...

Just took a tally of the number of recipes I have collected for pizza (toppings, sauces, doughs) - Total = 668
Earliest date on one is 1979 and granted some are duplicates or very similar, but still - ridiculous!!
(Oh, and this total does not count the recipes in my Pizza book……..)

[Image: female%20chef%204_zps07fmwoms.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by cjs (Still downsizing and...)
You're not alone in this, that's for sure! I've always had a touch of OCD and as a kid probably had some ADD, although back in those days the nuns called it day-dreaming.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by cjs (Still downsizing and...)
Jean I don't know how you're doing it. I know I'm going to have to do it . . . eventually. I'm stalling.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by Harborwitch (Jean I don't know ho...)
It's so hard!! And, someone asked me earlier this week for a recipe I used to do for catering jobs...and, it's a folder which I evidently got rid of. I've searched all the forums I might have posted it and nada.

So, be careful what you get rid of.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by cjs (It's so hard!! And, ...)
We already regret getting rid of some Food and Wine and BA annuals.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by Old Bay (We already regret ge...)
It's an awful feeling, isn't it, Bill?? But, geez, what are you gonna do? (At least you have a huge house!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by cjs (It's an awful feelin...)
Something is going to have to give around here. I have got to start getting the "paper" stacks down to a manageable pile. Then I'm going to have to get rid of the pile.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by Harborwitch (Something is going t...)
We started a new project here that I'm hoping won't go by the wayside. We are picking one night each week to spend an hour or two in the basement. One bag for trash, one box for recycle, one box for Goodwill. One corner of the basement is designated for resale items that will go to a consignment shop. Now, if we can keep this up....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The Definition of 'Complusive Behavior' by Mare749 (We started a new pro...)
Great idea, Maryann! Good luck in keeping to it.
www.achefsjourney.com