Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16??
  Re: (...)
What an emotional day this is going to be!! Between the memorials and football starting.....
And, Hawks have a home game to start it all off

What's on the menu for 'everyone' today??

I have leftovers from the Oven BBQ'd chicken the other day, so will have that with maybe rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by cjs (What an emotional da...)
Yes, it sure is an emotional day, Jean.

We are having a beautiful weather day here, sunny and low 70's, so we're washing windows today. I made pizza dough and sauce from Jean's book, "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!!" to go on the grill, with a chopped salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by Mare749 (Yes, it sure is an e...)
Yes, today is an emotional day. William told me that Fox News is doing an uninterrupted replay of events that day 15 years ago. I'm going to try to watch. But I'm not sure I can sit through the whole thing. Reliving some of those images in my mind are bad enough as it is.

Rub in the weather, Maryann! LOL! It's still hot here. Luckily we have storms rolling in that are supposed to get us back in the 80's, hopefully!

As sad as it sounds, the only thing I felt comfortable about making was Jean's marinara with Italian sausage added for spaghetti.

Speaking of marinara, the other day, when we were at Lowe's Food, they had fresh baked bread with marinara to sample at the check out. I tried a piece, thinking they were featuring their fresh baked breads and was surprised at the flavor of the marinara! When I asked the girl, she said that was the featured item. It was canned in a regular mason jar with a simple label, almost like you would find on a jar made by a friend. I'm definitely going to pick up a jar next time I'm there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Yes, today is an emo...)
Tracie & I are commiserating on red eyes and snotty noses today!!! Knew it was going to be bad.

Daphne, I should post a few of our "
'Later' snacks we've been having for a later dinner - they might even be fenough dinner for William. ...or Ron,Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by cjs (Tracie & I are commi...)
Jean, that would be helpful, for sure. I have fallen down on the job posting lunch pictures. We are usually wrapped up in discussion about work, I forget. I'll try to do better. Although, I tend to be repeating lunches these days.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that would be ...)
I' m thinking these ideas would be helpful for dinner after long days when substance is more important than quality/quantity
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 9/11/16?? by cjs (I' m thinking these ...)
Sounds right to me. Most of these long days, I eat only because it seems necessary.
Daphne